7.

"so..." lexi was next to me in the back seat of our uber. we were on our way to some bar for the night.

"so?" i replied, giving her a look.

"are you and matt like talking yet?" she grinned.

"lexi, i told you we're just friends."

"i know, but you guys talk like 24/7 and are constantly flirting with each other. i know you like him, and i can tell he likes you too." she said.

"you really think he does?" i asked.

"HA! i knew you liked him!" she pointed her finger in my face.

"i didn't say that i did!"

"yeah but you didn't say that you didn't like him when i said that i can tell you did!" she taunted. she might've been a little right. i was definitely catching feelings for matt sturniolo.

"okay lexi, enough. don't say anything to anyone."

she put one hand up to her heart and the other in the air. "your secret is safe with me."

"and i don't know if i actually like him. it's up in the air right now. it's like a maybe i do maybe i don't." i unlocked my phone and took a picture of my outfit on snapchat, sending it to matt.

"i saw that." she gave me a side eye. "don't worry kai, i'm like really good with relationships. i can totally be your wing woman!"

"i'm perfectly capable of handling this myself. i just want to see where things go. they don't need to be rushed." i smiled.

"okay, but like if you need help." she elbowed me in the side. "i'm your girl."

we finally reached the bar and both got out of the uber. my ankles were already aching from the heels i was wearing. we flashed the bouncer our ids and slid in quickly. all of the influencers here had fake ids. i could never figure out if the bouncers were too dumb to tell, or if they just didn't care about it. either way was fine by me.

we quickly found the group we were meeting. i saw a few familiar faces and a few foreign ones. one face caught my attention quickly though.

"hey kai!" vinnie said and swooped down to give me a hug.

"vinnie!" my cheeks burned as he broke away and smiled at me. i didn't have feelings for him, but vinnie hacker was something else. let's just say if he asked me to marry him right now, i would with ease.

"you look stunning tonight." he said as i did a spin for him.

"thanks, and you don't look to bad yourself." i smirked.

"can i get you something to drink?" he asked me.

"of course!" i said and i followed him up to the bar.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

the next morning i woke up with a pounding headache.

"fuck lexi, was i bad last night?" i asked my roommate as i stepped into the kitchen. she had already brewed a pot of coffee for the both of us and was sitting at our island on her phone.

"no, don't worry." she replied. i poured my coffee and sat down next to her. "oh shit, girl." she gasped at he phone.

"what is it?" i said worriedly.

she turned her phone around to reveal a picture that someone had taken at the bar last night. it was a series of pictures of vinnie and i. the first one must've been when he hugged me, but the angle it was taken at looked exactly like we were kissing. the rest of them were of us at the bar counter and a few more of us dancing together.

"tiktokroom posted it." lexi said.

the caption read, kaia and vinnie spotted KISSING last night???

"fuck." i said putting my head down on the counter. a few moments of silence went by.

"don't worry, babe. already reported it on like all five of my accounts. and i'm telling everyone else to report it." lexi said. "why can't people just kind their own fucking business?"

"you know we didn't kiss, right? like you saw us. it was just a hug." my voice muffled because of the counter.

"i know, kai. i saw it." she reassured me.

my mind could only think of one thing right now, matt.

i quickly brought my head back up. "oh my god, matt!" i screamed. "that's probably why he hasn't texted me yet this morning." i whined.

"it's okay, just tell him it's fake."

"no i can't. we're not like together, or talking, or whatever the fuck you call it. he probably doesn't really care." i tried to calm myself down. "maybe he doesn't like me."

"oh kaia. i'm sure he does." at this point all of the emotions from this morning, and my headache added up, and i broke into tears. "come here, girl" lexi pulled me into a hug and we stood like that for awhile.

by the time lexi finally dragged me into the bathroom, the sleeve of her shirt was drenched in my tears. "you take a shower and i'll grab some clothes for you to change into." she closed the door behind her.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

ooo drama!! hope you all enjoyed this chapter!