Chapter 4- Jerza

Back at the bar, Mirajane and Lisanna were glad too see one of the many ships finally got together. Although, Mira was about 10 times happier about it than Lisanna was.

"So, that is why you included Kinana?" Lisanna giggled.

"Yep! And I'm so happy I got to see at least one confession today." Mira chirped.

Mira enjoyed the sweet moment a bit longer before she gave Jellal his order with a little something extra.

"Here you go, Jellal. Enjoy." Mira remarked.

She places a full glass of water and a slice of strawberry cake on the counter in front of him.

"Thank you, but...um...I didn't ask for the cake." Jellal pointed to the strawberry dessert.

"Oh, it's on the house." Mira assured.

Jellal raised an eyebrow at the bar maid and her sister as they walked off. He glanced back down at the cake. Not wanting to waist it, he decided to eat it anyway. It's not like he had anything better to do while he waited for Erik to handle whatever issue he had been dragged into.

So, he sat at the bar and sipped at his glass of water. He kept glancing down at the cake. It reminded him so much of the beautiful scarlet haired woman that loved this dessert. As he looked at it again, something out of the corner of his caught his attention.

That's when he noticed the magazine opened to Erza's section. It was upside down, and he could only understand bits of the writing on it. He turned his head awkwardly in attempt to get a better look.

"Are you interested in the magazine?" Mira asked.

Jellal jumped in his seat and glanced up to find Mira in front of him again. How did the woman move so quickly and quietly? He didn't even scene her magic until she spoke.

"You can take one if you want. Just be sure to share what you think about it before you go." Mira remarked.

Jellal nodded took one of the magazines from the stack. He opened it to a random page and pretended to be interested in whatever he landed on. Without another word, Mira took a large pitcher out from behind the counter and was off again.

Jellal sighed. He was sure why he suddenly felt so uneasy around the takeover mage today, but he was. Once he was sure that she would be occupied for a bit, he looked for Erza's page.

He read over the articles that featured her and her wonderful accomplishments. He smiled to himself. He was glad that she found a good home and built herself into the powerful S-class wizard she was today.

Then he flipped through again and found Erza's personal section. She was still just as beautiful and amazing in all the pictures. However, when his eyes landed on the part about her relationship status, his heart sank.

He reluctantly read over the passage.

"Has the great Queen of the fairy's finally found her king? Sights have said that he's quite the handsome man and powerful too! When will the fairy royals take flight?"

Jellal set the magazine aside. He didn't want to read anymore. It was just another depressing reminder that they couldn't be together.

"At least, she's happy." Jellal muttered sadly.

He took his fork and scooped off a bit of the cake. Before he could take a bite the front doors slammed open again, but this time it was Titania. Only she looked furious. She stormed over to the bar and people scurried away from her.

"Where is Natsu? I'm going to kill him for this!" Erza roared.

She was in such a rage that she didn't notice Jellal at the bar. He just sat there with wide eyes and the fork midway to his mouth.