Chapter 6- Nalu

Meanwhile, Natsu ran along the familiar cobblestone road, dodging people, carts, stray barrels, pranks, and anything else that was in his way. It was a little frustrating, but he managed to get by without a scratch or a prank thrown in his face.

Although, apart of him wished he had Happy to fly him to Lucy's faster, but the exceed was away on a mission with Wendy and Carla. At least, he didn't have to be interrupted with Happy's commentary and teasing on why he was doing this.

As soon as he saw her apartment, he ran even faster. Not even stopping when he jumped to get to her window. Which nearly resulted in him missing his target. Nonetheless he landed on her windowsill, ready to enter her apartment. But to his surprise, it was actually locked.

"Hey Lucy! You in there? Open the window!" Natsu called.

He didn't hear a response, but his nose told him she was there. Her scent was too strong for her to be anywhere else. Natsu pressed his face against the glass, trying to find a trace of her in her dim bedroom.

"Go away, Natsu! I know it's April Fool's day and I'm not letting you in so you can prank me!" Lucy yelled.

He jumped as her sudden volume startled him, and almost fell off the window. Luckily, he recovered quickly enough to stay where he was.

"It's not a prank. Just let me in. I need to ask you something." Natsu assured.

After a short silence, Lucy walked into her bedroom and right up to the window. However, she didn't make a move to open it. Nor did she look convinced that he didn't have a prank ready for her.

"Yeah, right." Lucy rolled her eyes.

"I'm serious." Natsu stated.

"Then ask from out there. There is nothing stopping you." Lucy crossed her arms.

"Fine." Natsu pouted.

He looked down at the magazine in his hand and tore it open, nearly ripping the pages out as he looked for the part about her secret boyfriend. When he found it, he slapped the page against the glass for her to see.

"Who is he?" Natsu pointed to the page.

Lucy stepped closer to examine it. At first, she didn't find anything out of the ordinary. Except for the fact that she didn't remember agreeing to do the spread. But her eyes widened when she saw the words "mystery water mage stealing the heart of Fairy Tail's own celestial wizard! Who is this secret boyfriend of Lucy Heartfillia?"

"What? This is wrong." Lucy protested.

She unlocked the window and let him in. As soon as he was inside, she took the magazine for herself to double check it. This had to be some kind of mistake or something wrong with it.

"So, when were you going to tell me about him?" Natsu crossed his arms.

Lucy looked up from the magazine still in shock.

"What? There is nothing to tell. I don't have a boyfriend....I've actually never had one, but that's beside the point! I don't even know a guy who is a water mage. Even if I did it wouldn't work out. I already have feelings for someone, so I have no idea how they came up with this. It doesn't even come close to the truth." Lucy explained.

Natsu nodded slowly as he proceeded what she said. It made scene. However, just as he was about to relax and let it go, his ears caught something he didn't like. His body tensed and anger rose up all over again.

"What? Who?" Natsu growled.

"What?" Lucy questioned.

She hadn't realized that she let that tiny detail about her crush slip out in her explanation.