Chapter 8- The Thunder Legion

Elfman stood at the train station, waiting impatiently with the magazine clutched in his fist. The Thunder Legion had been out on a job for the past week and were scheduled to be back today within the hour. So, Elfman was going to stand by and wait until Evergreen came back so he could question her.

Thankfully, he didn't have to wait very long for the team to return. The next train came screeching to a stop and the team of four got off. At first, none of them noticed the large man. But, as soon as Bixlow did, he couldn't resist teasing his teammate.

"Hey look, Evergreen. Your boyfriend's here to pick you up." Bixlow nudged the woman with his elbow.

"Your boyfriend! Your boyfriend!" His dolls repeated.

Elfman eyes widened at the comment. Did her team know about her secret boyfriend too? He looked around, trying to find whoever this guy was, but came up empty. He seemed to be the only one waiting for someone. Everyone else had luggage and were headed for an exit or going into the train.

"He's not my boyfriend!" Evergreen grumbled.

She tried to hid her rosy cheeks behind her fan but it didn't do much.

Upon hearing that, Elfman realized Bixlow was just teasing Evergeen about him. As reassuring as that was, it didn't make Elfman feel any better. For all he knew, her team could be just as oblivious about the guy as everyone else.

"Just...go on ahead. I need to have a word with him. And don't you dare try to listen to us." Evergreen stated.

"Whatever you say." Bixlow grinned.

Evergreen closed her fan with a huff and approached Elfman alone. The last thing she needed was her team eavesdropping.

"What are you doing here?" Evergreen asked once she was in front of him.

"I want to know who your boyfriend is and why he is such a big secret." Elfman answered.

"What boyfriend?" Evergreen raised an eyebrow.

"Your boyfriend. The one you have kept from everyone." Elfman spat.

"I don't have a boyfriend, you big oaf." Evergreen retorted.

Elfman couldn't believe she was still trying to deny it.

"Really? Then how do you explain this?" Elfman challenged.

He held the magazine up, showing Evergreen her personal section. Her eyes widened at the sight of her pictures in the magazine. She certainly doesn't remember working with Sorcerer Weekly this recently. So, She snatched it from his hands and read it over thoroughly.

"What! This isn't right! I never approve of these!" Evergreen screeched.

"Then why does it say that?" Elfman questioned.

"How should I know? I'm not the one who wrote this nonsense." Evergreen huffed.

While the two were busy bickering, the rest of the Thunder Legion headed back to the guild. But not before Bixlow had his babies swipe the magazine so he could read through it himself.

He flipped through the pages as continued their way to the guild. He would laugh and make jokes about little things he found. But he really lost it when he got to the personal sections. He could hardly stop laughing.

"Woah! Looks like Natsu and Gajeel have some competition too. And Gray too. Ha! This just keeps getting better. I wonder how much of a mess this is causing at the guild." Bixlow snickered.

His babies laughed along with him. Laxus and Freed just ignored loud laughter as they made their way forward. Bixlow turned another few pages and landed on Mirajane's section.