Prologue

"What is the thing you desire the most?" A tall man asked as he stared down at a very young boy

"What is the thing you desire the most?" A tall man asked as he stared down at a very young boy. He looked up and stared at the man, his soft raven locks covering his dull eyes. His clothes were torn as if he had just fought a wild animal as he held a blank face he spoke "Power." The man gazed at him with amusement. He placed his hands inside his coat's pocket and spoke with a smug look on his face "Man, you didn't even hesitate before you said that, I like you" The boy didn't say anything and chose to glare at the ground instead, refusing to meet his eyes. The silence that engulfed them was suffocating so the older decided to break it. "Why do you desire power?" He asked and grins slightly at a certain memory. "Because in this cruel world, people either destroy or get destroyed. And I don't wanna be the latter you know?" The boy answered almost immediately. He froze for a moment when he heard the latter's next question. "So once you have power, will you be just like others? Looking down on the weak and destroying them? Or will you protect them?" He asked, tilting his head. His voice was laced with curiosity as he peered at the boy intently. To his dismay, he was met with silence. Becoming impatient, he asked once again "Well?"

The boy finally raised his head as he stared at the man with his piercing eyes, no life sparkled in his eyes, as he looked...dead inside. He remained silent before grinning wildly, and answered "Weaklings don't deserve to live" The man winced, taken aback by the boy's words and expression. He looked like a maniac. He then spoke with disappointment lacing his voice "You're a hypocrite" The young boy then tucked his hair that was covering his raven eyes behind his ear with his pale slender fingers which were covered in crimson red. Some of which now smeared on his pretty cheeks. He replied with indifference "I know"