Chapter Seven

Doctor Tay came just 30 minutes later.

"Thank goodness you finally arrived" Mew said as Tay did a check up on Gulf who was now fully awake.

"Gulf do you feel any pain when I do this?" He pushed the stomach slightly

Gulf just shook his head. "I just feel tired and nauseous since I got home" he answered. Mew got even more worried as he sat down and held Gulf's hand

"It could just be stomach flu. It's better if he go and get a full work up at the hospital Mew" Tay said and Mew nods and Gulf was pouting. He knew it was different.

He watch as his husband left with the doctor and grabbed his bag where he took the item and went to the bathroom.

Meanwhile with Mew and Tay:

"Alright. Thanks a lot Tay. Sorry for making you come all the way"

"No. It's alright. I was free anyway and I need to get away from Newwie. His due date is near so he is a bit hormonal" tay answered as Mew followed him to the door.

"Have you two checked if its gender yet?"

"We want it to be a surprise"

"Well hope it will be good news"

"I think it's best you see the doctor quick"

"Will do. Thanks again for coming"

"No problem. See you"

And soon Tay left. Mew went up to find Gulf now already back on the bed after going in the bathroom.

"Tua-eng are you okay?" Mew ask

"I'm okay..but..."he trailed off as he showed Mew the item and Mew's eyes went wide in shock "Are you serious?"

Gulf just nodded and now had tears in his eyes smiling happily "We are having a baby"

"We are having a baby Tua-eng!!!" He held Gulf and kisses him. "This is great news!!"

"Yeah Mew.  But...the twins....how do we tell them?"

"Well...I got an idea" Mew said smiling.

Mew planned it as if Gulf passed out and was rushing the twins to the car to go to the hospital.

They went to the emergency and the doctors try to revive Gulf who woke up soon after looking pale.

"Tua-eng you are okay" Mew said relieved. "Doctor what's wrong with my husband?"

The twins were now looking scared. Natasha was crying while Alex was consoling her.

"We will do a full on check on him. Do not worry sir" the doctor said and soon Gulf results came out and the same doctor came to the bed and said "Mr. Gulf is just exhausted. Oh and congratulations you are pregnant"

"What?!"

"Mama is pregnant?!"

The twins reaction was as surprised as when Mew finds out.

"We are going to have a sibling Alex"

"I know. Mama and Dad I thought you two are already too old to get anymore kids"

Mew pouts "Excuse me" he started to say

"Now now. Let's not start bickering. Let's just have a discharge and go home"

The doctor who was still there then said "Not yet...It says here you had a history of medical condition.  May I know what it is?"

Gulf looked at Mew who nodded  "Lung cancer. I went to Chemotherapy for quite some time before the doctor gave me a full clear bill of health"

"I see. Well I have bad news. There are traces of cancer cell left in your left lung. We have to remove it to prevent it from spreading"

"What?!!!" All four almost yelled out

"Mr. Gulf have to have this procedure immediately

"But...what about my baby?" Gulf ask 

"We will make sure the baby will not be affected. You have my word" the doctor said. "I will have you warded and to have you ready for the procedure"

Soon the doctor left the family. Alex and Natasha hugged Gulf as well as Mew who started to cry.

"Tua-eng"

"Mew don't cry. You are ugly when you cry"

"Mama...." Natasha wailed

"Nat calm down" Alex said trying to soothe his sister.

The news was both good and bad. But they knew they will pull through.

They had a zoom call with the rest of the family and their moms started to cry.

"Why does this happen to then again?!!" Mae Nuch said crying beside phor who was soothing his wife.

"It is unfair na. But I'm sure Gulf will be okay" Mew's mama said, with a smile despite her crying as much as well.

"Let's just pray he and our grandchild will be alright" phor said.

The nodded and soon the zoom call ended.

They told their friends who was both happy and sad as well with the news.

"I will go to temple and make merit and pray you will be okay"

"Same! Gulf. Stay strong na. We will be here for you. Mew take care of Gulf. If anything tell us okay?"

"I will" Mew said and soon it was time for Gulf's procedure. Their parents arrived and to meet Gulf before the procedure and as soon as the door closes.

After the last kiss Mew gave to Gulf, the door closes and Mew prayed everything will be alright.

The twins, Alex and Natasha was brought home by Mew's parents to stay until Gulf's procedure. Mae Nuch and phor gone home too leaving Mew alone in the hospital waiting for Gulf to come back.

"Please be okay Tua-eng" he mumbled.

Time passes by quickly and soon Gulf was now been pushed back to his bed in the ward. He was still unconscious and Mew stayed by his side.  The doctor came and said "Good news. We manage to get the cancer cell put on time and now he is clear bill of health. He just needs to come for a check up next two weeks"

"Thank you doctor" Mew said with a smile.

"Don't worry sir. Your husband will be just fine" the doctor said, assuring him that Gulf will be alright.

The doctor left Mew alone with Gulf as the man held onto Gulf's hand and kissing it "Wake up soon Tua-eng.  I miss you so much"

AN: the author is typing this while crying

What will happen next? Stay tuned to  Where's Your mama?