Chapter 2

Ponyboy Curtis POV

It was me that Johnny liked.
I didn't know how to feel but that day I almost kissed him, I would have too if it wasn't for Darry walking in at the last moment. Johnny and I didn't talk about it, but him and I didn't get a alone moment for a bit.

"Hey JohnnyCake."I said putting my arm around him.

"Hey Pony."He said a little jumpier than normal.

"Why don't you take a walk with me after school, we need to talk."I said quietly into his ear.

The bell rang throughout the whole school, teens running down the hall and out of the school, I waited by the steps for Johnny to come out, he normally stuck with the crowd as he left the school and he soon showed up next to me.

"What's up."Johnny said as we started to walk down the road to our neighborhood.

"About the other day I-" I began but Johnny cut me off.

"Shut your trap, follow me."He said grabbing my hand and pulling me down the sidewalk where we couldn't be seen. His lips pressed to mine, it felt different. I've never been kissed before and well I honestly liked it.

"You're the doll I like,Pony."He said placing his hand on the side of my face.

"Oh well after Sunday I figured that."I chuckled and he rolled his eyes.

"Be my man Pony?"Johnny said, it sounded more like a demand than a question but you could tell it was still a question.

"I don't know JohnnyCake, what if the gang finds out, they'll beat the tar out of us."I said, I really didn't know how to feel, Johnny is like a brother to me and it's wrong to like your brother in this way.

"They don't have to know, please Pony I've liked you for so long."Johnny looked like he could bawl if I said no.

"Let me think this through Johnny, but for now let just keep this to us." I said, pressing a quick kiss to his lips."Let's go, Darry might lose it if I get home to late without saying nothing."I said lacing my fingers with Johnnys. We got to my place as quickly as we could.

"Welcome home."Darry said as we closed the door behind us.

"Hey Darry."I said pulling Johnny to me and Sodas shared room.

"Pony."Johnny said, grabbing hold of my hand.I hummed in response."I can't seem to get enough of you."He said, sounding ashamed.I placed my hand on his cheek, running my thumb over the scar the Socs left when he got jumped. Just looking at him was enough for him to kiss me. I feel like now that he's done it once he won't stop. This kiss was different, it wasn't small and quick, it was full of feeling, but a innocent little kiss turned into a lots of hot kisses, but it was short lived because I pulled away.

"Not so much Johnny."I chuckled and wiped the drool off my face.

"Sorry I got carried away."He smiled and rubbed the back of his neck, I enjoyed the feeling of his hand in mine. Suddenly the door flung opened, causing us to jump and move away for each other, a tired looking Sodapop came into the room.

"My bad, didn't know anyone was in here."He said drowsily.

"Come on Johnny."I said getting up off the bed and walking into the living room.

"What were you boys up to?"Darry asked sitting down on the living chair.

"Just talking."I explained and Darry shrugged it off.

"Darry, they're playing a movie tonight at the drive in and I was wondering if I could go?"I asked quickly, hoping he'd say yes.

"Yeah you can go but take someone with you."He replied.

"You want to come with me Johnny?"I looked over at him, he nodded quickly.

"Come here Pony."Darry demanded, I got up and walked over to him. He handed me a few dollars and sent us on our way.

"Thank you for coming with me Johnny."I said smiling and leaning onto him as we walked.

"I enjoy being with you."He said, lacing my fingers with his."And I don't want to go home."He chuckled sadly.

"I'm sure Darry won't mind if you stay with us tonight, plus I want you to."I smiled at him.

"Recently I don't want to be away from you."He said quietly. We continued to walk down the side walk to the drive in."I wish we didn't have to hide this."

"I know but it's for the best because this really isn't legal."I frowned and Johnny seemed sad."But I don't think the guys would care, and if they don't like it I don't care, I haven't seen you genuinely happy in a long time Johnny."I told him, he just hugged me. We stayed like that's for a moment, but soon we continued down the road.
Soon it was getting dark and we got to the sitting section of the drive in.
Johnny rested his head on my shoulder and closed his eyes.

The movie was soon over and Johnny and I got up and attempted to head back home. The walk was a bit long but we eventually got back to the neighborhood.

"Let's sit in the lot for a bit."Johnny said and pulled me to the lot. He pulled me me down in the old bench car seat that sits there.
He pressed his lips to mine, I swear he's kissed me a hundred times today but I'm not complaining, I love it, it's only been a day but what a day it's been.

"Johnny."I said looking into his eyes."I'll be your man."I said going back to kiss him again