Chapter 8

A/n: y'all better like this because I had to watch movie clips and get the book out to get it basically similar
Ponyboys POV

The movie just finished, the light was bright, the shine stung my eyes for a moment before adjusting to the mid day light. I had only two things on my mind, Paul Newman and a ride home. I started on my way back, the walk being short yet the cool mid November weather stinging my skin making it feel longer than it actually is. After a bit I noticed a car following me, I bet it's Socs, they always do stuff like this, they see a Greaser and follow them looking to jump em' for fun.

"Come 'ere Grease!" One of them yelled, I mistakingly turned to them. They got out of their car. I stayed frozen, not knowing what would happen.

"Need a haircut Grease?"One of them said, grabbing my hair and pulling on it, holding a knife up to my throat. I called for Darry, I think they cut me. I was in shock and wasn't sure of what they did.
Soon the gang came to help me, they ran the Socs off.

"They pull a blade on you?"Soda asked, concerned in his face.

"Yeah." I said, just sitting in the ground next to him.

He grabbed the side of my face and made me look at him."Hey, they ain't gonna hurt you no more."

"If you're gonna walk alone you should have carried a blade."Darry said as we walked back to our house.

"Yeah that give the socs excuses to cut his neck a little more there."Soda said, joking around.

"If I want my kid brother to tell me what to do with my other kid brother Id ask you alright? Kid brother."Darry huffed and walked away

"What were you doing walking by your lonesome on the street huh?"Steve asked, his nose bleeding from where he got pinched by a Soc.

"None of your business smarty."I spat at him.

"What do you mean none of my business, it is my business look at my nose."He yelled, Soda grabbed him and pulled him back.

"Hey Johnny man how's it goin' bro?"Dally said going up behind him and putting his arm around his shoulder.

"Things go a lot better if the socs stay on the south side of town."He said hanging his head.

"Yeah don't you worry about that Johnny, because we are gonna have it out with them sooner or later."Steve said.

"What do you think about me becoming your personal bodyguard huh Ponyboy?"Two-Bit joked.

"I don't think it's too hot of an idea." I replied back.

Johnny and I went to the movies with Dally, he said he wanted "some fun" and Soda wouldn't let me go with him and Steve so I had no choice.
We sat down in the second row, I was rubbing my arms because all I had on was a sweatshirt with no sleeves, it was cold since it was the beginning of November.

"I'm frezzin'."I said, shivering a bit, taking a drag of my pretty much finished cigarette.

"Why didn't you bring a coat stupid."Dally said, attempting to light a cigarette.

"I forgot."I mumbled. Johnny grabbed my hand and put it in between the gap between the seats he held my hand.
Dally was struggling to light his match, he bend over the seat and used it to ignite it, he lent over to the curly red head that was in front of us, using the match it light his cigarette. She rolled her eyes, her dark haired friend giggled at the action, Dally leaned back in his seat.