Chapter 3: Dumb and Dumber

Manuel's Restaurant and Bar, West Dulwitch, South London.

Chaeyoung stared into the wine glass he clutched between his hands, looking miserable. The memory of eight years ago clearly playing out in his mind. He buried his face in his hands, "What should I do?" he mumbled, dragging his hand over his face then slid his palm around to knead the back of his neck. His feet tapped anxiously against the floor. He looked up to Tzuyu. Raw panic visible in his eyes, "I didn't know I would have a child. I mean you told me it was just a donation"

Tzuyu chuckled. He was amused, "Relax Chaeyoung, no one is telling you to take responsibility or anything. I'm just letting you know. This is her name and address. Do whatever you want with it," He held out a paper toward Chaeyoung, who leaned forward and hesitantly took it. Chaeyoung studied the paper quickly, reading quietly, almost to himself.

Name: Myoui Nara
Address: The Hill Aprt, Hannam-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea. House Number: 7383

Oh Lord

Chaeyoung's shoulders slumped, and he dropped his head onto the table and and began to sob. He didn't know why. His cheeks pressed against the table as slow tear squeezed from the corner of his eye and slid through the crease of his nose. He gazes out into space blankly.

Tzuyu shook his head, looking at his friend's miserable state. He picked up his knife and fork, cut off a slice of ham steak and then put it in his mouth. He stopped chewing when he realized. He donated too. How did he forget about that important information? How could he not remember? His eyes widening in terror. No no no. It couldn't be, could it? He immediately pulled out his laptop from his shoulder bag, connect the portable spare power supply, and started to type madly.

An hour passed. Chaeyoung hadn't stopped crying. Tzuyu hadn't stopped typing. Another hour passed. Chaeyoung took a tissue paper, blew his nose and continued crying. Tzuyu stopped typing, keyed in a number and clicked enter. The screen lightened up, displaying a loading symbol. Tzuyu stared at it intently. His heart pounding hard while sweat oozed from every pore. While waiting, he grabbed his wine glass and gulped it down to ease his nervousness. The progress bar, already loaded at seventy percent.

"I'm sorry, the trial ends late today" Dahyun pants, just arriving from her work. She frowned, sensing the gloomy air surrounding them. She looked at Chaeyoung, "What happens to him?" she asked Tzuyu but her questions was unanswered. The latter had his eyes fixed to the laptop screen. She tilted her head and turned to Tzuyu, "What happens to you?" Again, her question left hanging. She followed Tzuyu's gaze and stared at the screen.

The progress bar had completed. A document were unrolling slowly down the screen from top to bottom. Tzuyu took another big gulp of wine. The document finished unrolling. Dahyun fixed her glasses and read, "A match," She said excitedly, "99.9% accuracy. It's a good thing right? Who's this paper belong to?"

Name: Minatozaki Kei
Address: Sakura Hall, Aoyamadai, Suita-shi, Osaka, Japan.

Oh Fuck

Tzuyu who had wine in his mouth accidently spit it out in shock. The water splashed all over Dahyun's face. She gasped and while she could not understand, yet she immediately handed a handkerchief to Tzuyu, "An organic face moisturizer with extra saliva. I like it. Is this my punishment for coming late?" She reached for the tissue box on the table. It was empty. All of the used tissues was all over the floor, filled with Chaeyoung's snot.

She sighed and snatched the handkerchief she gave to Tzuyu earlier. Wiping her face, she took a seat at the round table, between Tzuyu and Chaeyoung, "Anyone care to enlighten me about what's going on here? What? Did you two just found out that you impregnate someone" She laughed and waved her hand to the waitress.

Tzuyu plopped down at the table and dropped his head onto his folded arms to hide his face. The vibrations unsettled the full glass of water. The glass teetered. Then, it spilled its contents directly onto his plate.  Suddenly he felt so dizzy.

Dahyun stared at them, "Are you two okay? I'm getting worried"

  - to be continued -

__________________________________

A/N I'm sorry. I've changed the timeline. Please take note.