4. Sarma

Biggest fans of this dish say they can eat sarma for ten days in a row for every meal. They say that, after it is cooked, sarma tastes better as the days go by but also every time it is reheated.

Sarma is a dish found frequently in Turkish cuisine and in the native foods of regions that were historically part of the Ottoman Empire. It consists primarily of cabbage or grape leaves wrapped around a filling and boiled for hours before serving. This filling is typically made using minced or diced meat, often pork, beef, or veal, which is sometimes combined with rice or barley and other seasonings for flavor. Sarma is similar to dolma.

Though sarma is prominent in Turkish cooking, it can be found in various parts of Central Europe and many different nations that were influenced by Turkish cuisine. It is commonly served at holidays or special occasions, such as birthdays or family patron saint celebrations, and is often associated with Christmas or New Year's dinner in countries such as Slovenia,Serbia and Croatia. The name "sarma" comes from the Turkish word sarmak, which means "to wrap." Due to the wide spread of this dish and the different ingredients that are popular or native to various regions, including the dietary differences of various religious faiths, the spices and ingredients used to make this dish can vary quite a bit.

" Due to the wide spread of this dish and the different ingredients that are popular or native to various regions, including the dietary differences of various religious faiths, the spices and ingredients used to make this dish can vary quite a bit