5. Winner of Eurovision 2007. Serbia

Serbia debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest 2007 with the song "Molitva" ("Prayer") written by Saša Milošević Mare and Vladimir Graić. The song was performed by Marija Šerifović. The Serbian national broadcaster, Radio Television of Serbia (RTS) organised the national final Beovizija 2007 in order to select the Serbian entry for the 2007 contest in Helsinki, Finland. The national final consisted of two shows: a semi-final and a final on 7 and 8 March 2007, respectively. Twenty entries competed in the semi-final where the top ten qualified to the final following the combination of votes from a three-member jury panel and a public televote. The ten qualifiers competed in the final which resulted in "Molitva" performed by Marija Šerifović as the winner following the combination of votes from a three-member jury panel and a public televote.

Serbia competed in the semi-final of the Eurovision Song Contest which took place on 10 May 2007. Performing during the show in position 15, "Molitva" ("Prayer") was announced among the top 10 entries of the semi-final and therefore qualified to compete in the final on 12 May. It was later revealed that Serbia placed first out of the 28 participating countries in the semi-final with 298 points. In the final, Serbia performed in position 17 and placed first out of the 24 participating countries, winning the contest and scoring 268 points. This was Serbia's first win in the Eurovision Song Contest.

 This was Serbia's first win in the Eurovision Song Contest

What is Eurovision?

The Eurovision Song Contest, sometimes abbreviated to ESC and often known simply as Eurovision, is an international songwriting competition organised annually by the European Broadcasting Union (EBU), featuring participants representing primarily European countries. Each participating country submits an original song to be performed on live television and radio, transmitted to national broadcasters via the EBU's Eurovision and Euroradio networks, with competing countries then casting votes for the other countries' songs to determine a winner.