Chapter 1: Separation

Life was a fairy-tale. They had their fair share of pain, struggle and heart breaks but they made it. They were together and their love won. Jungkook had been married to his husband, Kim Taehyung for over 10 years now and life was beyond beautiful: A perfect domestic bliss.

But then there is this thing about life. It changes. And so it did for Taehyung and Jungkook.

It was 6 am when Jungkook's alarm goes off. He rubs his eyes open and immediately turns the alarm off. He does what he does every single day minus kissing his husband good morning. He makes himself a quick coffee, hits the home gym, takes a post workout shower. When it's half past seven, he slowly enters his son's room.

"Good morning, my darling son", he coos at his seven year old boy.

Little Insu mumbles in his sleep, "5 more minutes papa."

"You are going to get late for school, baby", Jungkook moves his fingers through his little boy's dark hair.

"I am not a baby anymore papa", Insu flicks his eyes open, groaning at ther term of endearment his father used for him.

"My house, my rules", Jungkook chuckles, "You are and always will be my baby, my little boy."

"Ugh!", Insu gets out of bed and makes a beeline to the washroom.

"Maria has your school uniform ready. I will drop you to school on my way to work. Don't be late!", Jungkook yells from outside the washroom door before he walks out. One down, one more to go.

He steps into his baby girl's room next and finds her sleeping in her crib, her thumb in her mouth. Adorable.

"Hi, princess", he peppers baby Mia's tiny face with several soft kisses. His heart suddenly feels full as he watches his two year old daughter slowly waking up. She looks up at her father and cackles a little, her eyes ever so bright.

"Pa!", she screams before cackling up again.

"Did my baby sleep well?", Jungkook asks, picking the toddler up and placing her on his hip as he takes her to the washroom. He puts her on the counter to brush her teeth.

"Nuh!", Mia winces when she sees the toothbrush. Brushing the girl's teeth is one of toughest tasks Jungkook does in a day which also includes running a mult-millionaire company. Cracking a deal of millions is any day easier than brushing his little daughter's teeth.

"Mia..aren't you my good baby?", Jungkook baby talks to his daughter who watches him keenly with a bright brown eyes.

"Good babyyyy!", Mia exclaims, ever so excited. Ever so adorable.

"Come on baby. Let papa brush your teeth", Jungkook pouts, trying to convince his little one and she listens like the angel she is.

After brushing her teeth, Jungkook goes on to give her a bath. Bathing the two year old has always been a messy affair. She would pat her hands and legs in her small bathtub. She would blow bubbles. She would take her sweet time playing with the pink bubbles filling her tub. She would make sure to wet her father's clothes in the process.

"Papa, bubba!", she screams before breaking into giggles.

"Bubbles, baby. They are called bubbles", Jungkook coos at her daughter.

He wraps her up in towel and takes her back to her room. He opens Mia's closet and takes out a couple of little onesies for her to choose from.

"This or this?", Jungkook asks.

"That!", Mia claps.

"Which colour is this, Mia?", Jungkook smiles at her daughter. He had a pink and yellow onesie in either of his hands and she had pointed at the yellow one.