Chapter 3: Too Far But Not Enough

"You still have to ask me this question after 10 years of marriage and 2 kids?", Taehyung asks, sounding disappointed.

"What I mean is, do you still love me?"

Jungkook hears Taehyung sigh at the question before Taehyung disconnects the call.

"Tae?", Jungkook mumbles as he realises the call has been disconnected before breaking into sobs, his head burried into Taehyung's pillow. His phone rings again. A video call from Taehyung.

Jungkook immediately wipes his tears away and accepts the call.

"Hi again", Taehyung says, his face serious, "I love you. I still love you and I always will. I wanted you to be able to look into my eyes when I tell you this. And I swear to God if you ask me this question again, Jungkook. You are literally my home and I am physically incapable of not loving you at any given day of my life. Do you understand?"

Jungkook glares at the screen with his big teary doe eyes in shock.

"Say something? What made you ask that stupid question?", Taehyung asks, still looking mad.

"I am sorry", Jungkook mumbles, wiping his tear away his face.

"Talk to me baby. What is bothering you?"

"The party you went to that night", Jungkook mutters.

"What about it?"

"You didn't wear your wedding ring to it. I saw it missing in your photos."

"Jungkook...", Taehyung sighs, "Is that why you are upset? You could have just asked me, sweetheart.."

"I know, I know...it's just that..I miss you so much and it's bothering me that you can't be here. The time zones suck. We don't get enough time to talk to each other. We are both super busy and when I get back home to sleep, I don't have you to cuddle with. You seem distant and I keep wondering if you are losing interest in me or-"

"WOAH..WOAH..WOAH! LOSING INTEREST?!", Taehyung exclaims in shock. "Don't make me come back there and tie you to bed to put some sense back into that pretty head of yours."

"If that what it takes to get you here", Jungkook mumbles, sniffling as he wipes the trails of tears on his face.

"I want to slap you so bad", Taehyung takes a deep breath, "I also want to kiss you so bad. Koo, you are so stupid. You know that?"

"I guess", the younger shrugs.

"I have been busy and when I am not, you are. We have two conglomerates to take care of. Ofcourse, we don't have time, baby..but that doesn't mean I don't love you anymore. I dream of kissing that mole of yours under your lip every single night. Are you kidding me?"

Jungkook just stares at him with his wide doe eyes.

"Remember what happened two years back when I accidentally consumed soya?", Taehyung asks.

"You are allergic to soya. What about it?", Jungkook responds, watching Taehyung's face closely.

"You remember what happened?"