{9}

{}{}{}

{}{}{}

Breakfast was an awkward affair after Lane and Xan arrived. Caspian doesn't seem to have social skills, and he pretty much went silent.

Lane and Xan get along well. Too well almost. Okay, maybe they don't get along in the traditional way, but their banter between eachother indicates they've known eachother for years.

Of course they haven't, but they act like it.

While we ate, I caught Caspian glancing at me a few times. He didn't turn away as if he was caught, he simply held my stare. It's easy to look in his eyes, but eventually I would have to be the one to look away.

His looks do something to me.

I get goosebumps and my mind goes blank.

And I think he knows that too. He's messing with me.

Stupid attractive handsome frickin man.

"What do you think our best bet is?" Lane asks, dragging me away from my thoughts.

I look up from picking my nails and focus on my best friend. Her hair is thrown into a messy bun and her gaze is down, moving the comfortor around mindlessly.

After breakfast we came into my room. Lane and I decided this isn't sustainable. This whole situation is unreasonable and clearly something a crazy person came up with.

"Our best bet is to die."

Lane looks up at me pointedly.

"Okay, hear me out, all our problems are solv-"

"Just shut up." Lane cuts me off.

I let out a sigh and roll my eyes.

"I have no idea Lane. I get out of the house and look what happens! I'm sick of this, I have nothing at home, absolutely nothing. I don't want to be here, I don't want to be there, I don't know what to do anymore."

"Fall in love with Mr. Macho Man and get a new life."

I snort at Lane's words.

"I'm kinda serious."

I raise my eyebrows.

"Fall in love with a murderer Lane?" I ask.

"Do it."

"You're ridiculous."

I stand up, ready to leave. Lane doesn't stop me as I walk out of the room. I soon realize, this is my room and Lane is in it, but my dramatics have gotten me far enough that I'm not changing now.

I'm not mad, not even annoyed.

I just don't want her to see the way he makes me so flustered with a look, or even the way his deep voice makes butterflies erupt in my stomach.