{14}

{}{}{}

{}{}{}

Something's not right.

Or something is very right, and I'm wrong.

I'm very wrong.

Or I'm right-

All I know is, I didn't wake up in the same plush sheets I fell asleep in.

I sit up in my all too familiar bed, and franticly look around at my dingy apartment.

Our dingy apartment.

I was almost joking when I said I would wake up back in my apartment- but this just doesn't work. This is far from what I meant.

I get up and walk into the kitchen, the slippers I put on tap along the floor. I look around with a frown.

It's my apartment, but it's not my apartment.

I want out, I have to get out.

Before he comes back I have to go.

I walk to the door, but it's locked. I shake the handle and try to open it, but the lock doesn't budge.

Help me out! let me out.

I turn around to see the balcony door. I rush over to it and try opening it. I tug and tug franticly.

It won't move.

I start to hyperventilate. The panic is setting in. He's going to come back. He's going to be here any minute.

I turn in circles, looking for an escape.

I stop when I hear the jingle of keys out of the door. I look, only to see the knob turn.

This is done.

We were done.

He's gone.

The door flies open, just like it did that night. The fury on his face is evident.

Make it stop, make him stop.

He smirks at the sight of my cowardly figure, and I continue looking around for an escape. The door how did he get in? Why was I locked in?

"I know what you did Adeliza." He says darkly.

No no no

He couldn't have known.

He can't know.

Who told him?

"I know what you did!" He throws his keys across the room, shattering a glass from a decorative mirror.

I look between him and the glass, he does the same.

Three

Two

One-

He's already rushing over when I finally come to my senses. I rush to the door while he rushes to the glass.