Nightly Flirt Sessions

Not really Foster-Keefe, but I thought it was cute and I just love Tam. (It's not what you think calm down)

"And while we're talking about Keefe," Tam jumped in, his silver eyes focusing on Sophie, "I know you're going to get mad at me for saying this. But before we keep trusting him, we need to find out what he knows—and I don't just mean the little bits he tells you during your nightly flirt sessions."

"That's not what they are," Sophie snapped.

"Maybe not for you. But I doubt the guy who calls himself the president of the Foster Fan Club is going to have a bunch of private convos with you and not that use that chance to try to keep winning you over."

"Winning me—what?" Sophie's asked. "That's not—I—what?" 

"Not important," Tam said. "But you know what is? Making sure he's not involved with horrors like this. Can you honestly tell me you're not worried he was somehow part of what they did to Wylie? Or that his whole 'warning' about the danger to your family was actually a lie to keep everyone distracted from what was really happening?"

Sophie rubbed the knot under her ribs. "I know you don't trust Keefe—" 

"And I know you do," Tam interrupted. "I get that you two are really, really close—"

"They're not that close," Fitz mumbled.

"Uh...sure...," Tam said.

—Shannon Messenger-Lodestar-page 308