Super Cute

"Well?" she prompted, when Keefe still hadn't said anything. 

"I...sorta had to tell my dad what we're doing—"

"What?"

"—but before you freak out, don't worry, I didn't tell him anything important." 

"Why did you have to tell him anything? I thought you were the king of lying to adults."

"I am. But there's only so much you can hide when you're dealing with an Empath—trust me, I would know—so I had to give him enough truth to hide the lies. Apparently he heard us talking while we were in line to see the Vackers, and he cornered me about it, wanting to know what we were up to."

Sophie was too tired and frustrated to do anything other than sigh. 

"Sheesh, will you relax? All I told him is that I was helping you with Silveny because you were having a hard time and needed an Empath's skills. Then I loaded it up with all kinds of stuff about how much Glitter Butt loves me, and how much you love having me around, and all that truth sold him."

"Truth," she grumbled, rolling her eyes. "So if it's not big deal, why are you telling me?"

"Well, you're cute when you're panicking for one thing—but also, he was super excited about this...."

-Shannon Messenger-Exile-page 465

I love when he calls her cute. 🥰