Good One Foster

"She's making that up." Visa dragged Silveny close enough to put her hand on her shimmery neck. "I feel nothing of the sort—and I actually am an Empath."

An image flashed through Sophie's mind, and she couldn't help grinning. "Silveny wants to bite your hand."

"You can't possibly know that." But Vika whipped her hand away awfully fast for someone who didn't believe. 

Silveny took advantage of her distraction, jerking her harness so hard she knocked Vika and Timkin  to the muddy ground of her enclosure. They dropped their reins as they fell, and Silveny galloped toward the opposite end of her pasture, dragging Stina through the mud until she finally let go. 

Sophie raced to the purple bars and had just enough time to reach through and unhook the buckle on Silveny's harness before the others caught up. The grateful horse spread her wings and flew to the highest part of her barred dome. 

Vika snatched Sophie's wrist with a mud-streaked hand. 

"You wretched girl! Call her down right now."

"Why do you need my help? Aren't you the expert?"

Keefe snicked. "Ooh, good one, Foster!" 

"Shut up," Vika hissed, tightening her grip. 

"Unhand her," Sandor growled, and Sophie heard a scrape of metal, like he'd unsheathed his sword. 

—Shannon Messenger-Exile-page 46