Chapter 3 ~ The Realization

Tise scurries hurriedly to the restroom, not realizing she walked into the mens restroom until she sees a man from the local news station exit a stall and quickly leave the restroom (WITHOUT WASHING HIS HANDS!!!). She noticed her mistakes and walked into the correct bathroom. After doing her business, she washed her hands and exited the woman's room.

Where her alien friend should have been waiting for her, she noticed a trail of chunky milk and caramel sauce almost reaching the exit doors. She thinks nothing of it because of the Macies black friday sale, thinking y/n might have found an amazing sale and dashed to it. 

                                                                                            ~

Y/n wakes up and finds herself in a small dark white room with no restrictions. She roams around and stops in her tracks when the lights loudly flick on, echoing through the room. A voice boomed out through a speaker, "OHO, ONE HAS FINALLY AWOKEN. WHY DO YOU THINK I HAVE BROUGHT YOU HERE FOR?"

"w-who are you?" y/n shouted into the ceiling with nervousness in her voice.

"WHO AM I ?!?!??!?! WHO AM I ?!?? WELL I AM THE GREAT, THE HANDSOME, THE AWESOME, SCULPTED BY THE ALMIGHTY GOD OF PERFECTION, THE ONE, AND ONLY, DUOLINGO!!" disco music starts playing on the loudspeaker violently, so loud in fact, y/n could feel the vibrations in the room as duolingo flexed his pecs and kissed his muscles with an egotistical sneer. 

He trots to the door and opens it but just like cinderella, his pecs disappeared. 

a loud screech echos throughout the room and duo quickly tries to cover himself with his tiny baby wings

a loud screech echos throughout the room and duo quickly tries to cover himself with his tiny baby wings. "DONT  LOOK AT MEE!E!!"

Y/n watched as all of this went about and started to cackle, her whole body moving as she laughed. "AWWW ur so small and cute like a little baby bird it makes me want to squish ur cheeks" 🥺🥺🥺 

"HOW DARE YOU TALK SO LOWLY OF ME YOU INSOLENT FOOL!! I AM NOT CUTE!! I AM EVIL!! ANGRY!!! SCARY!!! and quite gorgeous if i do say so myself, my mom agrees with me ;)" duolingo said with a shout. "I WILL CRUSH YOU!!!!" 

"hey no need to be so defensive about it you rat. at least i was being NICE in this stupid situation. YOU MADE ME SPILL MY FAVORITE CHUNKY MILKY WITH CARAMEL ON TOP. I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU. you despicable owl." y/n stomped around the room in anger. 

"WELL WHY WOULD YOU ORDER THAT DRINK IN ThE FIRST PLACE??? ITS DISGUSTING!! 

"WELL HOW WOULD YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT IT TASTED LIKE!!! ITS DELICIOUS."

"WELL I KNOW FIRST HAND. I GOT IT SERVED TO ME BY AN IDIOT WORKER WHO OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO READ!!! I ASKED CLEARLY FOR W A T E R WITHOUT M I L K ." duolingo screamed "BUT INSTEAD I GOT SERVED THAT CRAPPY EXCUSE FOR A DRINK!!"

"wait. y/n stopped in her tracks, "YOU'RE THE ONE WHO GOT ME FIRED!!"

"wait a minute, duolingo stopped and stared into her eyes, "YOU WERE THE ONE WHO MADE THAT DASTARDLY DRINK???? YOU ALMOST KILLED ME YOU INSOLENT IDIOT INCOMPREHENSIBLE ILLITERATE FOOL. he started stamping around the room while he angrily yelled out insults.

After stomping around and yelling at each other, they stop to take deep breaths. 

"why did you kidnap me." y/n breaks the silence. "what have I ever done to you? You didn't even know it was me that made that drink back then."

"well you have another sin to be addressed. you used rosetta stone behind my back! now thats outrageous!" duo scoffed and looked to the side.

"I use another language app other than duolingo and you think it's appropriate to kidnap me for it??" 

"first of all, you stopped doing your lessons. You switching to another app without finishing your last lesson was already a crime. You insulted me by using a foreign app, that cannot be overlooked. You and your friend also insulted my good name. This also cannot be overlooked." 

"well maybe you deserve it!! your lessons suck!! and they are WAYYY too hard for beginners!!"

duo stared into y/ns soul with menacing eyes, "and you think rosetta stones lessons are better???? YOU must really be a stupid head if you think thats fact."

"well at least i'm trying!! y/n started out in a sob, "I've been trying to learn how to read ever since I got fired from my last job and I'm trying to survive out here on a whole other planet. You should at least have compassion."

Duo stopped at this and for the first time ever, he felt a pit of guilt in his tiny owl stomach. He took a while to regain himself and a response, "I.. I was too hard on you.. How about I try teaching you myself one on one? lessons could be harder online without the right guidance." 

y/n thought about this for a moment and felt his sincerity, feeling as if he deserves another chance. Still she feels like there is a need to ponder on it more. "I have to think about it, because even if you're giving me such a nice offer, you DID kidnap me. I don't know if I would feel comfortable studying with my kidnapper. This has put me through a lot of stress already."

"Whatever you want. I'm not going to pressure you or anything, but you DEFINITELY SHOULD THINK HARD ABOUT IT and choose to come. :) If you decide the positive, do come back to my headquarters. I will gladly commence our study session. 

Duolingo stands up and opens the door for y/n, "come with me."

"you're letting me go...?" y/n says in confusion. 

"duh. but if you keep talking you wont be a free alien woman" duo said sternly.

Y/n obeys and heads to the door and follows duo out into the courtyard. The massive million dollar mansion sitting behind them now. He called a limousine cuz he's rich. The driver escorted her into the passenger seat and she looked out of the window to see duo staring back at her. It was a fluttering moment, but she felt some sort of connection with this green owl.

"Until we meet again, ;)" duo said with a sly smile, as y/n rolled away in the expensive limousine.