Chapter Nine

John was so... So adorable when he was trying to con Sherlock in to abandoning his defenses.

"Why, Doctor, I thought you were AGAINST people getting killed!"

That wasn't quite fair. John didn't know that he, Mrs. Hudson, and Lestrade would be killed if Sherlock came out of hiding.

I really like them, Sherlock. JW

Ha! He really liked NO ONE. They DIDN'T EXIST.

Their hand is so warm. JW

Oh, that was rich. John didn't hold anyone's hand, not really.

Except Sherlock's.

That had only been to escape, though. John hadn't meant it as anything more, did he? If he did... Sherlock didn't know how to feel about that.

John was moping about the flat again. Wandering aimlessly, like a ghost.

Even you would like them. JW

He was in the kitchen now. Setting his phone on the table, and staring at it. Thinking.

About what?

By the way John was flexing his fingers, picking the phone up again. Tempted to text Sherlock, not wanting to make the fake romance seem rushed. In the end, temptation won out.

They're smart, too. Very smart. JW

Maybe it would be better if John moved on, found a real girlfriend, stopped obsessing over his dead flat mate.

It was pure torture, to not be able to see John. Worse, even, to not be able to explain that he was alive.

Two more days passed with John laying around the flat (when he wasn't at work) in a similar fashion.

It doesn't seem right, Sherlock, for my significant other not to meet my best friend. JW

Sherlock gave a sad smile. "Significant other?" Was John trying to sound like he was too serious for just plain "girlfriend?"

That was kind of adorable.