OO1

you're scared of these silly things?

——

tsukasa laid his head into his palm. looking out the window, the sky wasn't gloomy, it wasn't happy either. it was rather cold, somewhat gray, somewhat bright blue. he could see the sun peek through the few clouds in the sky, there weren't many but the sun still somehow hid.

he likes making shapes from the clouds. one of the clouds were a pig, the other a person in a dress, the next rui kamishiro. wait, rui? tsukasa squints, what? rui smiles, he sits on the vacant desk beside tsukasa, poking his scalp to bother the boy.

"what do you want rui?" the blonde scoots away, swatting his hand away, he never liked how rui would poke him multiple times. he knew it was to be annoying but he didn't want to take anymore of his bullshit. in fact, he didn't even want rui to be around anymore.

rui smiles, the smile old mischievous smile as ever. tsukasa was sick of it, he didn't like that stupid smile. it always brought misfortune, he found rui annoying.

rui was aware of this, in fact he doesn't know why tsukasa doesn't like him, but he doesn't like tsukasa either. who goes around disliking people they hardly met? he didn't like that, he wanted to be nice to tsukasa and got shitty responses.

"why're you bothering me?"

the taller boy furrows his brows, "the project. everyone has a partner but us. so we have no choice."

tsukasa blinks, he wasn't paying attention. he squints at rui and at the board, reading over it. he gulps nervously, he sighs, "alright when are we starting?"

rui hums, "today. we can go to the park and take the bugs the teacher has for us in the back."

tsukasa nods, the teacher had worms and crickets in the back. they needed to gather more then that. which meant he had to touch insects. he did not like that idea at all, if he told rui he probably wouldn't hear the end of it, he probably wouldn't make it out alive.

——

tsukasa and rui were crouched close together, rui pulls up a bug; a centipede. tsukasa's eyes widen, he stands up and takes a big step back. feeling his palms get itchy and sweaty. rui dropped the bug into the cage and tilts his head.

"you okay..?"

tsukasa nods, "yeah i'm fine. stop acting like you care, i'm fine just thirsty. i'll be back, do you want something from the store?"

"soda candy, please? we can take a break after you go."

the blondie only nods, swiftly turning his back and rushing toward the store across the park. rui looks down at his collection of bugs. tsukasa had been nervous and stiff since the start of the project. did he really make him that uncomfortable?

tsukasa came back, he looked more calm. looking everywhere but the bugs and rui he sat down and put the candy on the purple haired's lap. he looks at tsukasa, raises a brow and sighs.

"dude, i know you hate me, but you need to get comfortable with me because this project is gonna take us months." rui pops a candy into his mouth, the blonde twitches.

"it's not that, yeah i don't like you. i can't hide it because you know that already. although; i am scared of bugs. centipedes give me the worst reaction."

rui's smile fell, "you're scared of these silly things? oh wait— sorry, i won't tease you for that. it's okay, i'll gather information and you can research our insects, i'll help you incase there's any photos of them."

rui took off his jacket, he puts it over the cage of bugs, dusts off his hands, and leans back. tsukasa spoke more to him today then usual. well, bigger sentences. he was glad they could warm up to each other at least a little bit.

"thanks but you're still fucking annoying." tsukasa shrugs, putting the bottle of water to his lips.

rui takes it out his hands after he took a sip and drinks a bit himself. the blonde stares at him in shock, "dude?? that was a indirect kiss?"

"do you still believe in that silly saying? jeez get over it we're both guys, unless you like guys." rui teases, poking tsukasa's cheek and tilting his head toward him with his hand under his chin.

tsukasa pushes the taller boy away, "are you? i swing both ways i genuinely do not care about who i end up with it doesn't matter."

rui hums, "yeah i like guys."

they both scooched away, more information then necessary. rui got up, he gave the blond a paper with his phone number before walking off with the cage, of course still covered. tsukasa watched rui's figure disappear, he let his shoulders fall.

he was taken a back when rui actually cared about his fear. emu would use it against him, it was so bad she didn't stop until he fainted. he loves her a lot and he knows she doesn't do it to make him react that way. just, unfamiliar with limits. finally he stood up, stretched and made his way to the station.

——

rui?

hello

hm who's this

uh tsukasa

ohh hi tsukasa

i did some research

oh! thank you! you could've
waited for me so that i could help
you

it's okay i avoided the photos

[image]

here's some of my notes

thank you

for someone who hates me you're
more chill on text then irl

i'm just bad at putting tone
in messages

i can hear ur annoying voice thru
my phone though

wow nvm

whatever it's better with you
dry then annoying like irl so
thanks

ok...

i'm going to bed

good night?

good night rui.

why do you even hate me in the
first place? over some silly accident??
message deleted!

gn.

tsukasa stares at his phone, rui deleted a message. he'd have to ask the next time they hang out for their project, he was always alone and he didn't want to bother rui's precious study time.