OO3

now, the guilt is all mine.

rui

rui

good morning

GM!!

omg you texted first

yeah sorry is it weird

no just surprising,
hey i have a question but
i'd rather ask it irl

also you going rn?

yeah..

can i meet you outside
of the bakery near campus?

sure

——

they met just like rui said, they sat in the far corner of the bakery. tsukasa looking out the window and at the empty street while waiting for rui to get them breakfast. the bakery was warm, the inside was mostly yellow and beige, it had a sprinkle of color here and there but it mainly stayed a pastel yellow. the smell of chocolate blended with the strawberry candle that lit up at the opening of the bakery.

rui places bread in front of tsukasa, he slid a pink drink with a cat design toward the blonde and sat down with his own. tsukasa only raises a brow at rui when he saw the angry cat doodle, he looks toward the bread and ripped a piece apart, raspberry jelly leaked out of the bread and onto the tray.

tsukasa hesitantly raises his phone and lifts it upwards, snapping a photo of the cat and the bread before swiftly putting his phone down and drinking the sweet beverage.

"why a cat?" tsukasa asks, lips still at the straw.

rui shrugs, placing the fork full of cake on his lips, "you remind me of my cat."

tsukasa didn't ask any other questions, he only took another sip, allowing the cold drink to take over and making him shiver. he was cold but he didn't want to mention it.

"oh, before i forget. why do you feel like i'm everything you're not?"

tsukasa froze, he forgot they shared some stuff before bed. he coughs, gently hitting his chest to control himself, he finally mustered up an answer.

"well, you're overall a nice person, you're calm and easy to get along with, you have friends who stick to your side most of the time. while i, i'm annoying, rude and hard to get alone with, i drive people away with how much i talk. unlike you i don't talk whenever i'm needed. you make it look so easy to be calm and collected all the time. i envy how you talk whenever you need and how you don't when it's not needed. i constantly talk and never stop. i guess i just wanted to be different then everyone and not get along with you, now that i know how you feel i feel like such an idiot for thinking you were just respectful when really you're just scared of what others think."

rui couldn't respond, tsukasa was everything he wanted to be. he couldn't just say that. he wishes he could talk without feeling annoying, rui held his hand out.

"how about we start fresh? i don't want to be cheesy right now but, friends?"

tsukasa held rui's hand and shook it, unlatching his hand from the other's as soon and they agreed to restart their entire relationship.

——

"hey rui?" the purple haired turns around, he tilts his head at the blonde.

"do you have the notes for the project?"

rui nods, grabbing a copy and handing them over to tsukasa. pointing out the small hand written notes he added to the digital ones. it surprised tsukasa how organized rui was, which it shouldn't be because rui is in robotics. it's important to be organized.

he notices how rui replaces the photos of the bugs with sticky notes and horrible doodles of the insect with the notes added to it. he found it amusing how far he went to not make tsukasa scared with the insects.

"hey, do you have anyone to sit with during lunch?"

tsukasa hums, "i stick with akito and toya but to be honest, it's only when they need me so i guess no."

rui gently pulls tsukasa off his seat and drags him out the classroom and toward the cafeteria. sitting him down in front of nene and emu. they look at rui with confused written all over them.

"we made up!" rui smiles widely.

"yeah don't ever say that with a smile rui. but, that's good, i'm surprised how fast it took for you to become friends." nene smiles, feeling emu remove her hand from her thigh to clap at rui's success.

"new friend!"

tsukasa nods, smiling nervously. he didn't have lunch so he didn't need to be there.

"i made you a bento. i noticed you don't eat in the classroom." rui pushes the pink box toward the blonde, watching him open it, his face falls when he sees the cat shaped rice ball.

"thank you, rui."

🐈

a/n

i refuse to proof read 🙁🙁🙁