Chapter 2

After the introductions, the group were sat at the dinner table with a wide feast spread for them. "I must say Ms Bridgerton, this food is marvellous, I must ask for your cooks recipes." Violet Bridgerton waved her hand, a small smile danced on her lips at the compliment. "Oh of course I'll get it to you by the end of the week." Kate was sat between Eloise Bridgerton whom she had taking a severe liking to due to her intelligence and ambition and Colin Bridgerton who had made Kate laugh with his stories of his travels. "Eloise I must give you some books I have read, all on politics, if you ever struggle I shall be more than happy to explain them to you." Eloise grinned and squirmed in her seat. "Politics! Mama she wants to show me politics! Please you must stay forever I've never met a woman like you." Kate blushed deeply, though a smile adorned her lips. "And I you Eloise, girls your age usually aren't interested in education, I'm glad I've found someone to relate to." Violet smiled as she watched the young woman interact with her family, she seemed almost perfect in every way, a perfect match per se.

"I must apologise for the Viscounts absence, he believes that he must always occupy himself as the eldest son with duties relating to god knows what." The meal had finished and they all began to move to the lounge. "It's not a problem at all Ms Bridgerton, I'm sure he's a busy man." Kate did wonder where the viscount had gotten to but she supposed it was none of her business, she still found his absence rather rude nevertheless. "Indeed I am, or was shall I say." Kate rose to her feet as the Viscount made an entrance. "My Lord, I did not think I would have the honour of meeting you tonight." In return, he spoke. "I did not know of our guest, mother. Why wasn't I informed of Miss Shaw's arrival?" Kate scoffed at the Lords words. "Do you have something to say Miss Shaw?" Kate turned to face the Viscount, head held high. "Other than the fact that I've known you a total of 5 minutes and I already find you rude and demanding." She heard Eloise snigger behind her back and in her books that was a win. "It's lucky I didn't ask of your opinion then." Turning to Lady Bridgerton, Kate curtsied. "Thank you for dinner and your hostility Lady Bridgerton but I shall be taking my leave as it is clear I am not wanted." She made sure to stare at the Viscount as she said her last sentence and she received a glare in return. "I bid goodnight to you Miss Shaw and we hope you'll come visit again."

Kate paced in her room. She had much enjoyed her evening with the Bridgerton's, she hoped that they would become close, her and Eloise had already formed a brilliant connection over the fascination of education and her and Benedict shared a love of art and her and Colin must've been the most childish of the group as they spoke of numerous pranks and scandals. However, there was only one Bridgerton on her mind. The Viscount himself, Anthony Bridgerton. The way he had acted tonight was rude and completely informal in Kates opinion, a powerful and well educated man such as himself should have been more decent and should know better.

Shaking her head and climbing into her bed, Kate fell into the world of dreams.