💮Hu Tao ▪ Table talk ▪ Fluff💮

Authors note: the reader in this is a popular author/writer and traveler with sharp teeth (think Soul, Matsuoka, Grel, Shinra, Kirishima, Alastor, etc.). 

Key:

normal text

'thoughts'

"speech" (Obviously)

Enjoy!

"That'll be all, thank you" I said tiredly to the young chef. 

"Alrighty then! I'll have it done in no time at all!". 

I loved coming to this restaurant, if not just for the heavenly food, than for the amazing service and Xiangling's ever present will to entertain her customers. I loved just being around her because of the high energy atmosphere she gives off and the little quips and quotes. That reminds me of another girl, another high-energy, spunky, similarly quotable, industry professional with what had to be the best smile in Liyue.

'ugh no, that sounds so old, why can't I just talk like every other kid my age?' I thought as I went to sit down at a table. I put my head down to hopefully find a less ancient way of putting what I just thought into words. You never know, being a writer, you always have to be thinking about the best ways to phrase things.

"Ahem, may I sit here?" I heard someone say from across the table. I think I know that voice...

"Hm? Oh yeah sure" I pulled my head up from my arms to see none other than said high energy, spunky, smiling funeral director.

"Sorry, it's just all the other tables are taken and you looked the most interesting" Hu Tao leaned over the tabled slightly.

"Thanks I guess?" I set my head on my arms (not in, just on top) and smiled. I yawned, tried to cover it with one hand, but I yawn  b i g, so she ended up getting a pretty good view of my biggest insecurity.

"Woah your teeth...they're pointy! Like a shark!" She said, leaning towards me even further. 

"I mean, yeah I guess? They've always kinda been like that..." I shrunk backwards into my chair while lightly sputtering out what few minuscule words I was able to say. 

"You mean they're REAL!? Dang, guess I can't get a set of my own then" She looked even more intrigued, then sat back down looking slightly disappointed.

"Uhhhh, I used to work with a crew on a theatre set, they used to do theses kind of prosthetic ones out of clay or plaster. They would usually just take a mold of my teeth using wax and use that as a base" At that, I saw all that faded light shoot right back into her eyes.

Oh boy- Why did I say that? I just wanted to make her smile again! What if she wants my teeth- No, no, she's not like that! The worst that could happen is that I get stuck making her some custom fake teeth.