1

ISABELLE'S POV

"Lily, where are you? Lily? I am tired now" I call lily as I enter the farm. Warm wind collides my body and I feel hotter. It is so much hot today. The sun is blazing. It seems like fire is reaching the earth in the form of sunlight. Why summers are so hot? I hate summers.

I am now angry at myself. Why did I even agree to play with Lily on this hot day? Now I am all sweaty.

Complete silence follows me as I continue to call Lily. Where is she? We were playing hide and seek and it was now my turn to find her but it seems like she has disappeared instead of hiding. I have looked for her everywhere but still, she is nowhere to be found.

It has been too much time since I have been looking for her. I have checked everywhere. I look towards the sky. The sun is about to set. The sky is covered with a golden yellow hue. It is so much beautiful. Shit! It is going to be dark soon. Mom and dad will be worried about us. I should find Lily as soon as possible. Mom has always said to return home before dark.

"LILY! COME OUT! IT IS GOING TO BE DARK SOON. WE HAVE TO RETURN". I shout this time. Still, there is no response. I have come too far from home. I should head back now. Maybe Lily has already returned home. I look around me at the green meadows. No one is here. A scary silence is surrounding me.

I think I should go back. Mom must be worrying about me. It is dangerous to be outside at night these days. A cloud of fear has been covering my village for days. This fear is not of an ordinary king but is of the cruelest king on this earth.

I have heard that a cruel king whose name is Eric Leonor has been attacking village after village. A village council was called some days ago to talk about this. The village seniors have asked for help from the city soldiers but still, there is no response from them. We know that soon that tyrant will be attacking our village.

The heads of the village advised all the people to leave the village before he comes but no one agreed and everyone decided to stay. My parents also did not want to leave.

I look towards the sky. The sun has set. Darkness has already spread its wings. I am late. There is so much silence in our village nowadays. It was never like this. Our village used to be so cheerful. Children could be seen playing around. This silence is all because of the fear of that cruel and ruthless king. His fear is looming above us like dark clouds which rain heavily and destroy everything.

His fear has made everyone like this. His fear is the reason for so much silent atmosphere in my village which once used to be so cheerful.

Suddenly a loud sound echoed around me. It continues to come. The center bell. There is a big bell in the center of the village. It is rung only at festivals or to indicate danger. Today there is no festival. Oh, God! This means that the king's soldiers have attacked. I quickly start running towards my home.

I have to go to them as soon as I can. I run and run. The screams of innocent people of my village are echoing. I try to run faster. I have to go to my parents. I cannot live without them. From afar I can see my home. I was running fast when my foot got stuck on something and I fell.

I cry at the sharp stinging pain in my knees because of my fall. Tears welled up in my eyes because of how much pain I am feeling. My dress is ripped too. I look around me. The soldiers have not arrived at this part of the village. I have to run. I stand up with great difficulty and quickly dash towards my home.

"MOM! DAD! LILY!" I shout but no sound comes. Why was the door opened? I dash upwards. Where are my parents? Have the soldiers already taken them? No, it is not possible. I look around everywhere. I was still looking around when suddenly I heard the sound of soldiers. I was still thinking about what to do when a fire arrow hit the window. I scream looking at the burning window.