9- Awake In Your Arms

Gerard's POV

When I woke up this morning, it was with a comfortable warmth surrounding me. Then I realized this warmth was coming from another human body. My head was underneath theirs and my arms curled up between our bare chests. His tattoo sleeved arm held me close by my waist, and our, also bare, legs were tangled together.

Frank.

I was with Frank.

In bed with Frank.

My heart fluttered and butterflies formed in my stomach. I was really groggy. Trying not to disturb Frank, I rotated my head slightly to try and see if the time was visible anywhere in his room. I saw a simple grey wall clock that read 9:12 am. It had to have been near 4 o'clock in the fucking morning when we fell asleep. No wonder I was tired. I nuzzled my head into Frank's neck gently before looking down at his arm that was holding me. Subconsciously, I moved my arm from between our bodies to trace over his tattoos with my fingers, feeling them and trying to go into his world to figure out the meanings behind getting them.

Frank stirred a bit, him shifting beside me, and in the process he ended up pulling me closer and he moved his head so his chin up to his nose was nuzzled against my forehead. I was admiring the tattoos on his upper arm when I felt his lips press against my forehead, signalling he was definitely awake. The sudden feeling of the action made me smile, and of course, my face heat up. I kept on tracing over his tattoos, though, still fascinated by them. Especially since the lighting was a lot better since the sun was up and I could actually see them. I must've been tracing somewhat lightly, because soon, I felt shivers go down Frank's body. This made me move my head to look up at him, a smirk clad on my face.

"I'm sorry, did I do that?" I quietly say to him in a grumbly, sleep-clad voice, moving my hand up his arm to rest on the side of his neck, with the scorpion.

"Mmm." was all I got back in response, Frank closing his eyes and nodding, obviously just as tired as me. I trailed chaste kisses from where my hand previously rested on his neck, up his jawline and finished on his pink lips, earning another hum from him.

"Good morning." Frank spoke after our kiss.

"Morning, Frankie." I mumble in response, leaning in for another peck, which still managed to make my heart swell.

We ended up just kissing for around 5 minutes.

Nothing sexual, though. Just enjoying each other and expressing our feelings.

Frank was the one to pull away, me whining from the lack of him. He giggled at me while sitting up while I still stayed plopped on the bed. Frank just sat there looking down at me and smiling, with me watching him with one eye poking out between my arm up on the pillow and the other half of my face stuffed in the pillow. I shied away soon after, snuggling my whole face into the pillow and bringing one of my legs up to my torso.

"You're beautiful." Frank whispers out of the blue, putting a hand on my exposed back and rubbing up and down it lightly. My face was still practically hidden in the pillow, but not all of it, because he saw the smile form on my face and chuckled, placing a kiss on my shoulder.

"I'm getting up. I plan on making coffee. Want any?"

"Hell yeah I want coffee." I managed to get out, almost falling asleep again.

"I've got clothes scattered all around here, you can throw on whatever when you come down, okay?" I nod my head, eyes still closed, and I sprawl myself out on the full-sized bed, taking up all the space.

I hear him shuffle around and I open one eye, seeing him put on some sweatpants then head towards the door, I feel like he's going to look back so I close my eye until I hear the door open and close, letting me know he's headed downstairs. After resting my eyes for a minute or two, I decide to sit up. He was right about having clothes scattered around the floor. I guess he's so pooped at the end of the day that he just tosses things onto the floor, not having a care in the world where they land. His room is relatively simple. Bed. Dresser. Closet. Some pictures. Stuff like that. I sat there just looking around his room for 5 minutes before deciding to actually get up, a yawn escaping my lips. Glancing through his clothes spread throughout his room, my eyes spotted what looked to be a black, baggy sweater. I grabbed it and pulled it on, looking down to see what was on it. X-Files. I chuckled. Frank is definitely a nerd. I love him.