35- You Gotta Live Your Life to the Fullest, Right?

Gerard's POV

"You boys look so handsome!" My mother is gushing at both Mikey and I. The reason she's being like this, well, is because it's prom. Mikey's first prom and my last. "Any last minute change of plans for your after prom that I need to know about?"

"No, Mom, it's still at Pete's." Mikey piped up.

"And you left your sleepover things at his house yesterday after school, right?" The both of us nod our heads. "Gee, honey, when's your friend getting here?" Donna questioned me after getting the answer she first seeked.

"Any moment, Mom." I check my phone to see if I have any texts from my date. I didn't have any, but the thought didn't worry me because there was a knock on the door. Speak of the devil. "I bet that's him." I go to the door and open it, to reveal Bert standing before me, a single rose in his hand.

"This is all very fucking cliché isn't it?" He joked as he handed the delicate flower to me almost shyly. I slowly took it from him and looked at it. I've always favored roses if I had to choose a favorite flower. They're classic, mature, and gothic all at the same time.

"You made it cliché with the damn flower, McCracken." I smiled at him and let him in, setting the rose on the doorway cabinet, hoping my mom would see it and take care of it solely because I was too lazy to do anything about it.

"To add on to that vibe, then, you look nice." Bert gestured to my all black suit, the jacket of a sleek velvet material that hugged my waist and shoulders. I loved it, honestly. I rolled my eyes at his fitting comment.

"Yeah, yeah. So do you." I said as my two family members walked into the hallway to join us.

"We all ready to go, then?" My mom was taking the three of us to Hayley's where everybody was taking the stereotypical group photos then we were all carpooling to the hall the school rented for the dance.

"You all better enjoy tonight. Especially you two." My mom pointed to Bert and I. "It's your last prom so spend it wisely, live the last of your teenage years while you can."

-

Mikey, Lindsey, Bert, and I had carpooled with Pete. Lindsey actually sat on my lap the entire time in all her deep red, flowing dress glory. I had even kissed her shoulder blade just as a joke but she laughed and turned her upper body around to ruffle my hair before kissing my forehead. Our actions made our fellow passengers mock us in "aww" and "I'm melting" and "stop being so heterosexual".

"Oh, shush." Lindsey exclaimed. "Hey we're here! Ready for the wildest night of our lives?"

We were the last of our friend group to arrive to the school function, and it was extravagant.

"Glad you actually came this year?" Lindsey joked with a nudge to my shoulder.

"You know I was sick during prom last year so don't you dare throw shade!" I laugh at my best friend before wrapping my arm around her waist and pulling her in for a quick sideways hug.

"You honestly didn't miss much. Just a stereotypical school dance with awful music. The only plus side of it was the food and getting just a lil' tipsy at Pete's afterwards. Prom is my only excuse to get drunk. I don't like to do it often but it's the one night I let myself go."

"Ah but apparently you guys went to a party on Halloween, remember?"

"Ah, yes, but the only thing I drank was some limited time Mountain Dew they had because I was really feeling it." I nodded at the woman's clarification as we reached our assigned table and sat down, waiting for the supposed heavenly food to be served. Bert sat down beside me and we shared a smile as Hayley and Dallon joined our table. Ray, Andy, Pete, and Mikey were seated at the table beside us with Ray's date; a girl I'd never met before but have heard him talk about in the past. I forget her name, though.