ii. familiar yet unfamiliar place

Author's POV

The 7 princes were gathered in Damiwon, all relaxing and taking a bath together. The young ones, were among themselves and having fun, while the older ones were relaxng.

The 14th prince - Wang Jung

The 13th prince - Wang Baek-Ah

The 10th prince - Wang Eun

The 9th prince - Wang Won

The 8th prince - Wang Wook

The 3rd prince - Wang Yo

"Brothers, should we make a bet on who can float the longest? Let's go to the outer pool!" Prince Eun suddenly said, running up to the outer pool.

"Eun, that's enough. I said enough," The 8th prince, Prince Wang Wook warned.

"If you give me just one chance, I can get him to be quiet!" Prince Jung begged

"It's fine," Wang Wook replied

"Brothers! Come quickly!" Prince Eun yelled, as he jumped into the pool. 'Jung-ah, come now," he put one put up, wiggling it.

Suddenly, out of the water, a young girl emerged, squeezing her eyes shut.

"Omo, Omo, Omo, OMO!" She went on and on, while wiping her face and finally opening her eyes.

Yeo Sook's POV

What the heck happened.. my eyes hurt so much, and I'm taking such deep breaths. Is this the afterlife? I looked around, and this place seems familiar but unfamiliar too. Where am I?

But just as I turned around once more, my eyes met with a boy who had a pink cloth wrapped around on his head. We stared at each other for a second and then screamed. And suddenly, I heard many more voices behind him yelling. I decided to peek and take a look at who they were and oh my god, there, in front of my very eyes, were a bunch of hot guys gathered. Damn, what did I do in my life to go to heaven? I smiled sheepishly.

But wait. As they were walking closer and closer to me, I took a good look at some of them.

"Wang.. Wook.... Wang Jung... Wan- WHAT?" I yelled, surprising them. Wait, wait, WAIT! AM I IN MOON LOVERS? I quickly looked around once more. And yes, my doubt was correct.

In the corner, I spotted a young girl with pigtails, she was begging me to come towards her. Chae-ryung. It was Chae-ryung. Just before one of the princes grabbed my arm, I scurried over to Chae-ryung and got out of there. That was really close...

We were making our way through the cave, the only thing that was on my mind other than my body condition was : what is happening? I'm so confused, how did I end up in a literal drama? THE ACTORS ARE THE SAME FOR GOD'S SAKE! Wait.. does that mean I'm Hae soo, I arrived just like she did... Do I also look like IU? Well, at least that's one thing to be happy about.

"Agasshi.. Agasshi!" Chae-ryung interrupted my chain of thoughts. "Are you okay? I thought you died! You were in there for so long! I told you not to go in there!" She lectured. I turned around and nodded, taking a good look at her.

As we got out, the bright light was so much for me to handle that I accidentally slipped and hit my head. Way to go, Yeo Sook! Following the very footsteps of Hae Soo.

- - - - - -

I slowly opened my eyes and down came another episode of bright light. Does this world want me to go blind or what?? Whatever. I need to get up. Now.

As I was getting up, I heard someone coughing. Who was it? As I slowly got up, I accidentally tripped and fell, alerting anyone and everyone in the room.

"Hae Soo!" I heard. And as I looked up, it was Chae-ryung and... and.... Lady Hae. Ah, I forgot I somehow got transported into moon lovers as Hae Soo, is this a dream or?

I started slapping myself to see if this was a dream. It's not that I hated being here, being able to see these beautiful faces everyday was a blessing, but I was scared. I had nowhere to go.. After what had happened at home- mother. How was she? My father. Was he okay? My father.. I was always close to my father, my mom was a busy woman. Father. Appa. Is he okay? After what my mom had done.. Appa. Appa.

I didn't realize that I started crying. I wanted to go back. I started to slap myself harder but a hand stopped me. It was Myung-Hee. Oh my poor cousin.

"What are you doing?" She asked, wiping the tears off my face. "Why are you crying, Soo-ya?"

I looked up at her, her weak yet so comforting face. The guilt I'll feel if my life followed the footsteps of Hae Soo.

"Agasshi, you hit your head so hard on the rock, I thought it'd burst open," Chae-ryung kneeled down too. "Are you crying because it hurts?" Instead of shaking my head, I softly nodded in agreement and sobbed even louder, Myung-Hee hugging me for comfort.

I couldn't tell them anything. Nothing at all. I had to pretend I had amnesia even though I knew who each and every one of them are, and their fate. I slowly pulled away from Myung-Hee and questioned them about their identities and who they were to me.

They both looked at each other and then back at me, in obvious confusion.

"You.. don't remember me?" Lady Hae asked in disbelief. I only shook my head in disagreement.

"A-agasshi..." Chae-ryung frowned, of course they'd be upset, the original Hae Soo just disappeared, leaving them behind.

"I-I should go call on a doctor.." Lady Hae said and Chae-ryung only nodded in agreement. I turned to look at Chae-ryung.

"Who are you?" I asked again.

- - - - - -

I was taking a stroll outside now with Chae-ryung. The doctor said that maybe because I hit my head very hard, I lost my memories.

"So.. You're Chae-ryung, a servant here," I said, beaming at her.

"Not.. just any servant, your servant," She frowned. "And please address me casually! We've been friends for so long,"

"Okay okay, I'll try. Say, what were my likes and dislikes, and what was I like?" If I'm to survive in this place, I need to know more about Hae Soo, further more in depth than the drama.

"Well- um.. You liked to make bets, you were also a very soft spoken person, and you came here to look after Lady Hae," She declared.

"Is that all-" Chae-ryung suddenly interrupted me with a wide smirk on her face, and she leaned closer to me.

'Agasshi, you're only joking right? You're tricking us all, right? Do you have a man you love? Or are you in debt?" Ah- This girl!

"W-was Hae Soo that type of girl?" I forced myself to fake laugh. Chae-ryung did look very hurt, and she sighed.

I reached out my hand and rubbed her back slowly. "Look, I can't be the person I was before, but I'll try my best to behave and make you happy, okay?" I smiled. She turned to look at me and hugged me.

"Omo!" I smiled and pat her back.

I slowly pulled her out of the hug. "Chae-ryung, let's make a bet! Whoever runs there" I pointed to a tree in the far distance "gets to flick the other person's forehead!"

"Okay.. but what do you mean by flicking the person's forehead?" She stared at me in confusion.

"Hahaha.. I'll show you.. When I win!" I started running as fast I could.

"Agasshi! That's not fair!" Chae-ryung followed behind me, running as fast as her legs would let her. I was in the lead, that was until I bumped into someone and almost fell straight on my butt if the person didn't catch me. I slowly looked up to who it was and it was none other than..

Wang Wook.