xxi. lake dongji

The 13th prince just kissed me .... Baek-Ah did.. But didn't he like Lady Hae? Why is he kissing me then? Or is it a silly mistake?

Probably is, right? I mean... he was just sleeping and since Hae Soo is Lady Hae's cousin, I probably look similar to her! That's why he probably mistook me for her because he hasn't woken up yet. Oh wait- HAE SOO MOLDED INTO ME! Oh my god. Then why did the 13th prince kiss me?

He slowly pulled away from my frozen figure, and started deeply into my eyes. My heart was beating so fast that I bet it was gonna win the title "the fastest heart on earth".

I'm not going to lie.. the 13th prince did look ethereal right now. He looked so soft and pure.. and WHAT AM I THINKING?

"Hae Soo...." He mumbled. It made me flinch, and my senses finally came back to me. "Hae Soo I- Uh-"

"I'll pretend that never happened," I said softly although those words were harsh to the core. What should I do? My mind is a complete mess right now, did he kiss me by accident? Or was it his true feelings? If it is his true feelings...... he'll meet someone new anyway. Woo-Hee if my memory recalls. I shouldn't get caught up in him if his feelings are true, I'll spare the trouble for him.

I took a deep breath and wiggled my wrist out of the 13th prince's hands. Then, without looking back, I swiftly walked past him.

- - - - - -

Baek Ah's POV

I watched as my love walked past me, without even sparing a second look

I watched as my love walked past me, without even sparing a second look. I would be lying if I wasn't hurt, but it's not her fault. I kissed out of nowhere, and gave her another burden to deal with. I'm sorry. I don't know what came across me, I think I thought I was still dreaming and kissed her out of nowhere. Who knew it actually happened in real life?

It happened the moment we started hanging out more. My feelings for her blossomed like the flowers blooming after winter. I knew Myung-Hee never loved me, yet I still pursued her without any fear. I knew she was married to my brother, and I knew he respected her but I wanted to be in his place.

Just when I was feeling helpless, she... that girl, Hae Soo came into my life. At first, they were just the feelings of longing for her, but it quickly developed into a much deeper love.

She had a free spirit, I felt at peace when I was with her. After Myung-Hee's death, and seeing her cry like that, all I wanted to do was hold her close and protect her. When she was about to get married to father, I thought I was going to lose myself again.

But no one will ever know how grateful I was when his 4th brother saved her, no one will know how happy and relieved I was when I heard she was a maid. I wanted to keep my feelings away from her because everyday, she got sadder and sadder, at times I felt as if it was her body there, her spirit vanished. I didn't want my feelings to spill out, not now at least.