𝟖| 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫

CHAPTER EIGHT:

THANKSGIVING DINNER

THE SOUNDS OF honks and sirens could be heard all around one certain street of New York City as firetrucks and police cars were speeding towards a burning building

THE SOUNDS OF honks and sirens could be heard all around one certain street of New York City as firetrucks and police cars were speeding towards a burning building. A crowd of civilians were crowded together, some being bystanders that had been walking by, others being the people who lived in the building as the police held them back from stepping close to the fire.

Firefighters were running around, helping people who had been injured in the flames while some were by an ambulance. More firefighters could be seen rushing out of the building with peoples arms over their shoulders as they coughed loudly from the ash that filled their lungs that also could be seen over their faces and clothing, but they didn't seem to care as they were only thankful they were alive.

One firefighter had been quick to stop a woman who had ran forward, shouting about her baby still being in the building, but the man wouldn't let her as he tried to tell her the roof was about to collapse. However, the woman continued shouting about her baby until someone else pointed up at the sky, catching everyone's attention.

Everyone watched as Spider-Man and Spider-Woman swung in the air and in their direction, the woman shouting to them to save her baby as it came out as a shouted plea. The crowd, police and firefighters all watched as Spider-Man was the first to swing into the window, Spider-Woman right after.

The woman found herself shaking as she hoped they would be able to save her baby before the flames caught ahold of the infant. The flames continued growing bigger as they were burning out the window, the glass from the windows continuing to break.

They all kept their eyes on the window the heroes had swung through, smoke soon emitting it as the firefighter slowly looks to the woman who continued staring at the spot she last seen them, small cries leaving her. A scream suddenly left her as she screamed the word 'no' when an explosion went off. However, luckily, as the second explosion hit, the two friendly neighborhood were able to get out just in time before the fire could engulf them up into the flames and burn them.

As they got to the ground, Spider-Man ventured towards the woman as he held her baby while some firefighters rushed towards a little boy that Spider-Woman had saved, helping him towards an ambulance as he coughed loudly. The female hero soon stopped beside her partner as the woman held her baby in her arms when Spider-Man gave the infant to her.

"It's okay. Your baby's fine." Spider-Man assures.

The woman lets out a sob of relief. "Oh, my baby! God bless you, Spider-Man. God bless both of you."

"Don't let them get away!" A voice shouts, making them look over and see a cop running to them, his coworkers following as he stopped in front of the heroes. "Hold it! You're both under arrest. I'm taking you guys in."