𝟏𝟎| 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞

CHAPTER TEN:

BRIDGE

THE WIND WAS a bit strong during this night as the honks of vehicles in Queens, New York were loud as they usually were while they were driving along the bridge

THE WIND WAS a bit strong during this night as the honks of vehicles in Queens, New York were loud as they usually were while they were driving along the bridge. The blue-ish-green eyes of Mary Jane were slowly opening up as her brows furrowed in confusion. Lifting her up, followed by sitting up herself, she glanced around in confusion upon seeing how high up she was on a machine.

Clearly showing that she had been sleeping before she came here, she was still wearing her pajamas. Stepping back, MJ lets out a gasp when she stumbled a bit, realizing she was about to fall, but quickly caught her balance as she stumbled in the middle of the crane she was standing on, seeing the bridge full of vehicles below her as they didn't even seem to notice the redhead above them.

Rushing near one end of the crane to see how far up she was, the redhead was quick to duck at the sight of Green Goblin flying towards her, his glider breaking a piece of the bridge she was on. She watched as he flew near a cart machine full of people inside who all gasped and chattered to each other at the sight of him.

The sound of Green Goblin's voice singing Itsy Bitsy Spider could be heard before he caused a loud and big explosion to a structure below the bridge. The explosion was so big it was coming up near the cars of the bridge, causing the citizens inside to try and drive away from it, even banging into each other while doing so. Meanwhile, Peter and Y/n in their Spider-Man and Spider-Woman suits swung on top of a building, stopping a bit away from the explosion.

"Goblin, what have you done?" Peter whispers, sharing a glance with his partner.

They took notice of the cart machine full of people begin to fall, but Goblin had grabbed ahold of the metal-like piece that it was attached to, flying up. Quickly, the two spiders webbed flags on each of their sides, moving down before letting go as they were flung forward, their webs attaching to the bridge as they swung up.

Eventually, they landed on the top, catching sight of Green Goblin just a bit above them near the edge, his grip on the string-like object that was holding up the little kids in the cart and the adults and his grip ahold of the back of MJ's hair as he dangled her over the edge. The redhead was screaming in fear, her legs thrashing around as her slippers fell off her feet.

"Spider-Man! Spider-Woman! This is why only fools are heroes. Because you never know when some lunatic will come along with a sadistic choice: Let die your friend or suffer the little children." Green Goblin lists, the sound of the children screaming to the heroes to save them. "Make your choice and see how a hero is rewarded."

"Don't do it, Goblin!" Peter calls out.

"We are who we choose to be. Now, choose!" Green Goblin yells.

Next thing they knew, he dropped both MJ and the kids and adults all in the cart, their screams filling their ears. Glancing at each other, they were quick to nod at one another before Y/n dove down towards the redhead and Peter dove down towards the children and adults.