𝟗| 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐫

CHAPTER NINE:

MAY PARKER

THE TRAGIC NEWS of May Parker being in the hospital had Y/n Osborn filled with worry and concern after she checked in with her best friend

THE TRAGIC NEWS of May Parker being in the hospital had Y/n Osborn filled with worry and concern after she checked in with her best friend. The sun was up and shining down in Queens as the honks of cars could be heard all around.

Queens General Hospital was filled with doctors and nurses as every single hospital was, some officers being seen walking around outside and inside as they kept an eye out for anything while civilians were walking in and out the doors, either coming for some sort of checkup or just visiting a family member or friend who could possibly be in the hospital at this very moment, laying in their beds as they were probably hooked up to wires.

Inside the room of May Parker, Y/n and Peter could be seen standing in-between the door where the Osborn girl entered the room and the bed the elder lady was laying in, her chest going up and down calmly as she was peacefully sleeping. Y/n held her coat over her arm and a bouquet of flowers she had bought for May, hoping she'd be able to speak to the woman.

Though her mind was concern for May, the other half was surprised when Peter told her over the phone that he knows who the boy is. Green Goblin found out Spider-Man's identity, and now they were wondering if he knew Y/n's and if he did, what was he gonna do to her loved ones. Kill her brother, her father?

"Will she be okay?" Y/n questions, glancing at May with sad eyes.

Peter nods, also glancing at his aunt. "She's gonna be fine. She's been sleeping all day. Thanks for coming."

"Of course." Y/n replies. "Harry said he would've came, but he's been in his room, trying to call MJ."

"Have you talked to her?" Peter asks.

"Yeah, she called me the other day. She said she felt bad leaving Aunt May." Y/n recalls.

Peter keeps his blue eyes on the girl he's always had a crush on, he's always loved as she steps further into the room, placing her jacket over one of the chairs and the bouquet of flowers on the table by the window. It was then that Peter took notice of how she rubbed her eyes and the bags underneath them. It was then that he took notice of how tired she looked. He could only guess he looked the same, but he was more concerned about her at the moment.

"Hey, you alright? You look tired." Peter points out, stepping towards her.

Y/n nods, rubbing her eyes again. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just couldn't sleep after you called me. I was too concerned."

With a frown, the boy steps towards her, gently grabbing her hand that went through her h/c locks, holding it in his. The two found themselves staring into each others eyes as the pad of Peter's thumb caressed the girl's knuckles, his other hand softly reaching up and tucking a piece of hair behind her ear before it stopped on her cheek, his hand cupping one side of her face.

However, they both found themselves pulling away when the sound of the door opened, revealing Harry stepping in, a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

The Osborn boy glances at May before looking at his best friend and sister, giving them a small smile as he steps towards them. Y/n gives her brother a side hug before Harry was placing the flowers he had gotten down on one of the chairs, giving Peter a hug as if to silently say he's sorry about his aunt.

* * *

The night sky was up in Queens the street lights were on all around. Inside the hospital, Peter could be seen sitting by his aunt's bedside, his head rested on a notebook full of his homework as he was sleeping. In the bed, May was staring at her nephew with a small smile as she was gently shaking his head, trying to wake him up from his nap.

Only a few hours had gone by since Y/n and Harry had came to visit Peter and his aunt, wondering how she was doing after what happened. Soon enough, the blue eyed boy was slowly raising his head, rubbing his tired eyes and seeing his aunt now awake and looking at him with a smile, the same way she always looked at him as her and Ben raised him.

"Go home, dear. You look awful." May comments.

"And you look beautiful." Peter replies.

May smiles. "Well, thank you."

"I don't like to leave you here." Peter admits.

"But I'm safe here." May assures.

"Can I do anything for you?" Peter questions.

May shakes her head. "You do too much. College, a job, all this time with me. You're not Superman, you know." Her words make him chuckle, smiling. "A smile. Finally. Haven't seen one of those on your face since Y/n was here."

Peter's eyes widen. "Hey. You were supposed to be asleep."

"You know, I remember when you first saw Y/n. Ever since then, you'd talk about her to me and your uncle. You'd talk about how beautiful she is and how smart and nice she is. You guys share similar interests, I always knew you two were always perfect for each other. And you still are." May explains with a smile.

"Yeah, well, she doesn't like me like that." Peter denies.

"You don't know that." May argues, placing her hand on his. "Peter, I've seen the way she looks at you. It's the same way you look at her. You love her, and she loves you."

The boy couldn't help but smile at his aunt's words as she continues on about how Y/n felt the same way. Meanwhile, the said Osborn girl could be seen outside in the halls of the hospital, sitting in one of the chairs.

Unlike what Peter had thought, the girl didn't go with her brother and back home, claiming she wanted to stay and keep an eye out for anything. Letting out a sigh, she stands up from the chair and walks to the phone on the wall, digging into her jean pockets for some coins so she could use the phone.

After putting the coins in the coin slot, she grabs the phone, placing it to her ear while pushing the buttons and typing in MJ's number, remembering she'd call the redhead and tell her how May was.

It wasn't like MJ didn't want to see May, she just didn't wanna bump into Harry, figuring he could possibly be there. When it went to the girl's voicemail, Y/n began leaving a message but stopped when the phone picked up, expecting to hear MJ's voice. What she didn't expect was to hear the familiar evil laugh that haunted her dreams.

"Can Spider-Woman and Spider-Man come out to play?" Green Goblin's voice comes through her ears.

Y/n tenses, eyes widening. "Where is she?"

Almost right after, the girl dropped the phone, not bothering to place it back as she rushes to May's room, frantically opening the door, causing Peter and May's heads to snap towards her, eyes widening as they glanced at her. The girl's e/c eyes instantly met Peter's blue ones, silently giving him a knowing look, causing his eyes to widen as well.