~Chapter 5. The Explanation~

They walked into Maddie's Lab still holding hands as they went to go sit down.
Anne tried to let go of Marcy's hand but Marcy was clenching it as if they didn't want to let go of her hand.

"Ok so here's what happened". Maddie said with a big sigh looking at the two still holding hands.

Maddie's POV:

So Marcy and I were gonna make a potion that makes the human body feel diff- "Divergent". Marcy said with a smile on her face, not caring that they just interrupted her. Maddie continued telling Anne what happened.

When Me and Marcy got to the darkest part of the island, We were ambushed by firefly's. And Marcy got grabbed by one of them and was about to get demolished by one.

I looked in my bag and found a random potion and threw it at the firefly but it accidentally hit Marcy. They fell to the ground with a big thud and the monster ran off.

Marcy woke up and started to feel weird.
She started to get up and flowers were growing from their head and their eyes were glowing pink as they also had thorns growing out of their arms and legs, they had grew bark claws and grew fangs.

They looked right at me and was about to attack me, But their pupils turned into a heart shape and she paused and looked at the Planters house in the distance. Marcy sniffed the air And they ran out the door as quick as light towards the Planters house.

I tried to catch them but they were too fast.
And then I saw them burst through the planters door in the distance. And there was nothing I could do because the firefly's had followed me back to my Lab, so I waited for them to leave, so there was nothing I could do to help.

So yeah that's pretty much what happened. Maddie said ending her long story.

Anne POV:

Oh..wow.. Anne said as she looked down at Marcy who was now sleeping on Anne's Shoulder.

I-Is she gonna be okay..? Anne said with a shakey tone. "Of course she will be okay". Phew Anne said. "For now.." Maddie said to Anne in a worried face.

"W-What do you mean for now, Is she gonna be okay or not?" Anne was demanding an answer." The affects on the potion are anonymous at the moment. I don't recall knowing when i made that potion but i will try my hardest to remember and try to find evidence on what it was made of and what ingredients were involved in the making of it".

Maddie said as she started to write down some things down while looking at Marcy sleeping and Anne fully awake staring at the pen Maddie was writing with. Anne bit her lip as she was getting worried sick about Marcy and what was going to happen to them if they didnt get medical attention soon.

--Time Skip--

Anne had just left Maddie's Lab as she was going down the dirt trail leading out of the forest.
Anne had had Marcy on her shoulders Carrying them along the trail and it was now pitch black out now. All Anne could see was the little lights from Wartwood and Marcy's flowers on their hair glowing.
Anne had gotten tired and had stopped on a hill with the view of Wartwood and had laid marcy along the trunk part of the tree and Anne sat right next to them.

Anne had been looking up in the sky looking at the stars trailing away in her own thoughts. Until Marcy had woken up from their sleep.

(~End of Chapter 5. The Explanation ~)
Next Chapter--(~Chapter 6. The Night under the stars~)

Sorry for not uploading! yesterday i was kinda busy.
Anyways!
Stay tuned! :))