RipTide (Part 2)

"Tip! Pull it tight!" Her eldest brother ordered through the rain.

"I'm trying! I can't get a grip!" She yelled over the rain and wind and rain. Thunder clashed as the small crew ran around the slippery deck. Trying to control the masts. Tip's brother pushed her out of the way and grabbed the rope to pull it tight properly.

"Well done guys. Hopefully that will stay. Come inside and dry off." Called a voice from the stern of the ship. The crew of four people went inside the ship, using scratchy towels to dry off their hair and faces.

"I hate thunderstorms. They make everything so complicated. The strong winds and big waves are annoying too." The youngest of the four siblings complained, Tommy.

"You know, the wind isn't the only thing you have to worry about while in a thunderstorm." Wilbur said, catching the young blond's attention, "There are also sirens."

Thunder raddled the wooden haul of the boat.

"Sirens? You mean like the fish woman?" Tommy asked.

"Yes. There once was a fisher-- much like us, on a stormy night much like this one. He was tying down the supplies on the deck when he heard a graceful song coming from the waves. Imagine the most beautiful voice you've ever heard and make it ten times better." Wilbur said, sitting down in a chair around a table.

"Wil, don't scare him." Technoblade warned the older brunette.

"I can handle it. What happened, Wilbur?" Tommy asked, taking a seat next to his brother.

Wilbur smirked, "Well the fisher looked for the glorious voice of a woman but as he leaned over the railing of his ship, something jumped out of the ocean, grabbed him and pulled him into the depths."

"Oh my gods. Did he survive?" Tommy asked, fully intrigued.

"No, the siren ate him. So if you hear the singing of a woman and you are in the ocean. Ignore it or you will be claimed by the sea's monsters." Wilbur explained.

"That is a fairytale, Tommy. Fish people don't exist." Tip shot a glare at Wilbur.

"They do Tip. There have been multiple sightings of them. People have been trying to catch one but they are as slippery as a fish." Wilbur leaned back in the chair so it was on two legs and put his soggy boots on the table.

"I wanna catch one! I could be rich!" Tommy exclaimed.

"Me too Tommy. Think of how much one could sell for if you catch one." Wilbur dreamed.

"Tip is lucky to be a woman so she won't be hypnotized by the siren's calls." Tommy said, leaning back in his chair like Wilbur.

"Oh she is not, there are male sirens too that go after the ladies." Wilbur shot a grin at Tip, "although I think if one saw Tip it would swim away."

"Shut up. Better start looking for a female siren because I think you will have better luck with her then a female human." She shot back.

"Ouch." Tommy laughed.

Technoblade rolled his red eyes, his long hair was still dripping wet, "Tip, wanna check the ties with me while these two dream about catching some clownfish."

"I think you mean 'these two clownfish'. Yeah I'll come." She teased.

She tied her brown hair up with a piece of cloth and followed Technoblade outside into the pounding rain again. They checked all the knots to make sure they were secure.

The boat rises on the port side before crashing down on a wave, sending a huge wave over the deck.

"Tip! Look out!" Technoblade yelled seeing her standing too close to the rail.

The wave crashed into her, pushing her over the edge.

She grabbed onto the railing of the ship as the wave drained back into the ocean, taking a few crates and nets with it. She was hanging precariously on the other side of the railing with one hand.

"Techno!" She screamed.

He ran over to the railing to grab her but she lost her grip. He tried to catch her but he couldn't fall in himself.

She fell into the chaotic waves with a splash. He didn't see her resurface.

She must have been dragged under the boat.

Technoblade winced at the thought. He just lost his only sister because he froze on the deck.

"Techno?! What happened?!" Asked his father, Philza. He ran down to the lower deck after hearing the screaming.

"She... Tip... she..." Technoblade couldn't even speak.

-

Tip struggled to keep her head above the water as the strong currents tried to shove her back under.

She saw a wooden crate that washed over the railing when she did. She paddled towards it and threw herself on it. It helped a lot, she could feel her muscles aching from staying afloat for so long. She panted as the rain pelted her face.

She just held onto the crate for dear life because the ocean would most likely kill her if it threw her off. Lightning flashed making the sky light up, she tried to look around for the boat but it was nowhere in sight.

After hours of crazy waves and strong rain, the ocean started to calm itself and the waters turned smoother as the rain turned into a gentle sprinkle.

A full moon showed through the clouds as they rolled on giving quite a bit of light even for the moon.

She tried to keep herself awake but the tiredness set in as her arms that kept her on the crate stopped working and she slid into the water.
She tried to swim back up to it but soon gave up after the crate turned over, dumping her back into the dark water.

She started to sink deeper into the water. The sea would be claiming another life.

Hers.

Her vision started to blur as she sank deeper. She saw a silhouette of a tail pass by over head. Probably a shark looking to consume her and her vision went completely black.