Door To Door

KAITLIN'S P.O.V

We walked to 1206 and I stopped in front of the door.

"You are really creeped out by this guy aren't you," Chloe said as she walked to my side.

"I have been ever since me and my mum moved here and when you see him you'll understand why," I said with a sigh.

I knock on the door and my mum opens it thankfully and with Luna on a leash yapping happy to see Chloe again as she goes straight to her and Chloe bends down to pet her. We get up and walk in and I see the guy smile at me I turn away and sit in the chair furthest away from him Chloe sits next to me now realizing what I ment earlier by creepy. We sit there and listen to our parents exchange pleasantries with the creepy guy I should probably say now he just looks creepy he is a nice guy but I can't seem to maintain eye contact for more than 5 minutes. We leave 20 minutes later and I ask the question.

"Why do we have to come with you on this?" I say.

"You don't want to?" My mum said.

"Not really" I replied.

"Tow more?" My mum said.

"As long I get to pick them," I said.

"Why is that?" My mum said.

"I don't exactly like and or know everyone on this floor," I said.

"I see well who do you want to see?" My mum asked.

"1201 and 1225 are the two I can mostly tolerate," I said crossing my arms.

"Well then let's get going," My mum said leading us down the hall.

"So who's in 1201 and 2025?" Chloe asked.

"1201 is a very good friend and the guy in 1225 well he's just a generally nice guy," I said as we approached 1201.

I knock on the door.

"Who is it?" Said a voice I would recognize anywhere.

"It's me Mell I have some people you might want to meet," I said and as she opened the door I could just about hear the words oh shit.

"Hey girl," Mell said hugging me as she opened the door.

"Hi," I said.

"Come on in I have someone you should meet," Mell said pulling away.

Wonder who that could be.

"So who are these two and who is this adorable little furball," Mell said

"This is Luna my new dog my parents were going door to door and introducing her to everyone," I said.

"Parents," Mell said.

"Allow me to introduce my stepdad and sister," I said gesturing my hand in their direction.

"So how do you know Kaitlin," Chloe said.

"Sorry I don't recognize you I'm Mell," Mell said.

"I'm Chloe Kaitlin's..." Chloe said looking at me.

I nod at her.

"Well I'm her step sister but I'm also her girlfriend," Chloe said.

"Really you mean you shacked up with your stepsister," Mell said.

"Yep," I said.

"Mell where are your parents?" My mum said.

"Oh they're not here they left about an hour ago so they may not be back until midday you know the average day," Mell said.

"Did you find anyone?" I said.

"I did, hey Samantha are you done yet," Mell said.

"Give me a minute" A voice called back.

"She'll be here soon," Mell said.

Chloe, Mell and I catch up for about 2 minutes before an absolutely gorgeous girl comes out of Mells's room and I couldn't seem to say anything.

"Isn't she just absolutely gorgeous a real keeper," Mell said putting her hands on Samantha's shoulders.

"Hey, I told you to stop calling me that," Samantha said sounding embarrassed.

"I agree she's gorgeous your lucky," I said.

"Isn't she," Mell said smiling.

"So how long have you two been together?" I asked being genuinely curious.

"You told them about us," Samantha said.

"Relax this isn't where you used to live people don't care about same-sex couples plus they are like us a same-sex couple," Mell said and I smiled at Samantha as she looked at us.

"How about you two how long have you been together?" Mell asked.

"Well we started to get together about a week before school started but we actually became a thing about a month ago," I said with Chloe nodding to confirm it.

I see Samantha's face and she is a little scared nor sure what of.

"You doing ok over there," I said.

"Huh ya fine," Samantha said looking away.

"Oh she is just a little shy she'll be fine," Mell said.

"Well that's all we really came over for so thanks and we'll see you around," I said as we got up to leave.

"Well have a good day, oh and Chloe your lucky she chose you," Mell said with Samantha behind holding Mell's arm.

We make our way down the hall to 1225.

"So this guy you know him right?" Chloe said.

"Ya back when I first moved here he was the one that welcomed us you know helped us move in and got us to settle in this little town," I said.

"He also helped you get a fake ID so you could get into bars you weren't old enough to get into," My mum said.

"I still got kicked out anyway," I said trying to mack it sound better than it admittedly was.

"Not after you had already had your fair share of alcoholic drinks," My mum said getting a laugh from Chloe.

We get to 1225 and just who I was expecting opened the door.

"Ah, Kaitlin it's been a while how have ya been" Said Bary.

"Hey Bary, not bad can we come in," I said moving to the side to reveal the rest of the gang.

"But of cores come on in make your selves at home," Bray said opening the door fully and stepping aside.

"Thanks," I said and the rest followed me.

"And who's this little guy," Bary said seeing Luna.

"Luna and it's a girl," I said.

"Ha, my apologies" Bary said bending down to pet Luna.

"Ya my parents are just going around door to door and letting everyone know so here we are," I said.

"Well, you caught me at a good time I was getting ready to leave for my run" Bary said.

"Do you want tea or coffee?" He said directing it to anyone but me knowing I don't drink it.

"Coffee please," Phil said the rest of us said we were fine.

"Now tell me any big news because let me tell you I have some big news for you, you will not believe what I am about to tell you," Bary said leaning into me and Chloe.

"You first I'm intrigued," I said.