2: don't kiss me

I walked downstairs, ready in my doctors clothes.
"Good morning mother, father. And good morning to my annoyingly lovable siblings" I smiled, walking to the dinner table.

"Good morning Dahlia, and you're not going to work today. I already contacted the hospital." My dad said, calmly eating his breakfast.

Maverick looked at me, giving me a questioning look. I shrugged in return, looking back at my dad, "why is that?" I asked, quietly thanking the maid for my food.

"Because today darling, the Cassano family is coming here. And you'll be meeting their 2nd son which you'll marry" my mother said, giving me a sad look. Probably cause she feels bad for me.

"I wonder if they're hot.." Parvis asked while he stuffed all the food inside his mouth. "Yeah.. even if they was hot. They wouldn't catch feelings for you. Just look at you! You ugly donkey, clean your mouth" Natalie scoffed, throwing a tissue at his face.

"W-what! I didn't say they would be gay then like me! I was just wondering.." he murmured our shyly. Yeah... very suspicious.

Hold up. I just realised. THEY'RE COMING TODAY? "why are they coming today! I just found out yesterday what the fuck!" I yelled out, gripping my hair.

"Mind your language Dahlia!" My mother yelled, making me flinch. In fact my siblings flinched too, our mother has never yelled before.

I sat back down, lowering my head. "Sorry.." I rubbed the bridge of my nose, feeling a bit confused and stressed for all this suddenness.

While I was deep in thought, it got cut off by a soft voice coming from the left side of me, "mother, since we are going to meet them today! Is there youngest son my age?" Maverick asked happily, he was so cheerful that there was even roses surrounding him.

"Sigh yes dear, I think their youngest son is about 14? It'll be a good chance to become friends with him" our mother winked at him playfully. When I looked at maverick I was a bit shocked to see his cheeks a bit tinted red, not sure if that was out of embarrassment or shyness for the boy.

I was in my room doing my hair. I didn't see a point in doing it but my mum told me to dress out nicely.

While I was curling my hair, my personal maid, Ruby, was finding a nice red outfit for me to wear. "Lady Cheng, I've found a beautiful red dress that would suit your choice of hairstyle"
She politely spoke, holding the dress up so I can see it through the mirror.

My eyes widened, the dress was shiny and silky. It was my favourite dress, but I haven't had time to wear it since I was always busy with work.

Sheath, spaghetti v-neck red satin dress. Honestly, the last time I remember wearing it was on a family dinner. And I hated it. My little cousins would always pull on my dress, begging for me to play.

"Thank you Ruby. You're really the best at helping me with outfits" I softly smiled, going back to curling the bottom of my hair.

It was about an hour later when my mother sent one of my men to bring me downstairs. "The Cassano family has arrived Lady Cheng." One of my bodyguard, Zeke, said to me while leading me downstairs to the family lounge.

"Ahh! She's here. Mason, this is my daughter Dahlia." My father introduced as I calmly walked towards them. I paid no attention to Mr Cassano's sons, although I did see Maverick and their youngest son shyly playing together.

"Hello Mr cassano, it's a pleasure to meet you." I said holding out my hand. "Likewise, it's an honour to have you accept this marriage proposal" He said grabbing hold of my hand, gently rising it up and laying a greeting kiss on my hand.