5: we meet again

A/N: New character from past being introduced!

AND, don't mind if the chapter gets so weird because today I had such a weird day and my mind isn't functioning properly 😅
———————

I was mad, but it wasn't that I was In love with him. I was mad because I felt betrayed, I felt like I was played with. I actually thought this marriage would work out, and I'd be able to help with my parents company.

My eyes tiredly lingered open, I snuggled against the blanket, loving the warmth that I felt from the fluffy and silky sheets.

I stated blankly at the wall, staring into space, my mind clouded with multiple thoughts.

Since I was feeling quite upset, I rummaged through my thoughts, thinking about something that would immediately cheer me up, something happy and joyful.
——
"Dahlia, here have some chicken! You look hungry.." he smiled softly, his face filled with worries and sadness.
——
"I love you..a lot, I mean it." He kissed my cheek, pulling me against him as we sat under the tree.

"I love you more.." I replied back, relaxing in his soothing touch as he carefully massaged my head.
——
"Pssst! Here, the answers..don't tell anyone.." he whispered, side-eyeing me as he quickly pushed a small paper on my lap.

"That's cheating, what if we get caught?" I whispered back, making sure the teachers wasn't looking.

"I never get caught, I'm too sneaky." He smirked, pushing his nose a bit high in confidence.

"Yeah, sure." I rolled my eyes and carried on with the test.
——
I snapped out of my daze and shook my head, I sighed and threw the blankets off me. I rubbed my temples as I walked towards the closet, 'I shouldn't think about Highschool..' I thought, as I grabbed some clothes to wear.

I chose some black butterfly print waist joggers, with a soft pastel pink hoodie. After I was finished I grabbed my phone and walked downstairs, not minding Alec.

I beamed as I entered the kitchen, I immediately rushed to make some handmade pancakes with blueberries on top.

The smell immediately filled the kitchen, probably filling up the lounge too. My smile grew wider as the pancakes was almost ready, "that smells good...what's for breakfast?" Alec popped out of the lounge and stood by the kitchen door.

My smile dropped but a soft smile still lingered for the pancakes, "pancakes.." I said, finally putting them onto a plate and grabbing some already-washed blueberries and some maple syrup.

"Mm, i love pancakes." He awkwardly smiled, his face holding a lot of pain and regret.

"I see." I mumbled, placing everything on top of the pancake and started eating.

Alec reached out to grab a pancake from my plate, I aggressively bit the pancake off my fork and stared at the pancake he took.

He raised it up to his mouth and took a bite, his eyes twinkled for a second and he lowered his head. He carried on eating, the whole breakfast filled with dead silence.
——
After I finished I placed my plate into the dishwasher and turned on the settings and let it wash. It wasn't for another 1hour that it'll be finish, so I grabbed my phone and walked out.

"Uh- wait!-dahlia! Where are you going?" He frowned, getting his phone and keys. I ignored him and kept going to wherever my feet took me, "wait for me..!" He said, trying to catch up to me but I sped up my pace.

Before I knew it, my feet took me to one of my favourite grilling buffet back in Highschool.
I still Heard Alec behind me, so I kept increasing my pace until I didn't look where I was going.

I bumped into a hard chest with an oof sound exiting my mouth. The person held my wrists and shoulder, pulling me back up so I won't fall, as I stood there longer the more I could smell his scent clearer.

It was, lavender with lemon and coconut. Weird combo, but it smelt like the sea. And honestly it smelled familiar but I couldn't catch on who?

I raised my head to be met eye to eye with someone I knew from the past dearly.

"Ah- Dahlia!" He smiled, with a happy voice. He released his hold on my wrist and let go, his face suddenly turned into a concerned and worried expression, "are you okay? Why was you running?" I couldn't answer, my head held a huge amount of feelings and expressions.

I was happy and sad at the same time, "you're back..Leonel" I managed to mutter out. His face relaxed off the worried expression and didn't ask any further, he nodded "yeah, I came back today.. the first place I thought of was here." He said, turning to the buffet.

"How..was it?" I asked, turning to look at the buffet too. He dropped his hands and sighed, "it was good and bad, I learnt a lot of thing but honestly it was boring.. it's all cause of my dad. He wanted me to take over his dumb company." He rolled his eyes.

I laughed, feeling my mouth go sore and I stopped. It felt like ages since I laughed.

"But In the end, I took over his company. It's not as bad.." he mumbled out the last bit, "what about you?" He asked me.

"I.. became a doctor, and it's been going alright..but I'm in an arranged marriage for the sake of my fathers company." I said, looking down.

Just as Leonel was about to speak, Alec came running towards us. He paused and panted, once he saw Leonel standing close to me he frowned.

"Who the fuck is that?" He hissed, pulling my arm towards him. He grabbed on my bruised spot so I winced in the process.

Leonel turned around, frowning and looked at his hold on my arm that was tightly gripped.

"Let go, can't you see you're hurting her?" He narrowed his eyes, watching Alec widen his eyes and release his hold slightly.

"Answer me, who the fuck is he to be standing so close to you?" Alec pushed further, I stepped a few steps back and fiddled with the hem of my hoodie.

"He's-" Leonel cut me off and spoke instead, standing slightly in front of me.

"I'm her ex.. who are you?" he said truthfully but fake smiled at Alec.

He kissed his teeth and frowned, "who am I? I'm.. I'm her husband!" He gritted his teeth.

Leonel cocked a brow and pushed further, "if you are, why are you talking to her like that while grabbing her, forcefully?"

I shifted in my spot, pulled on the hem of my arm sleeve below my fingers.

'Just what the hell is going on now' i thought, as I bitterly and awkwardly smiled.

Suddenly, Alec snapped his head towards me and walked right infront of me, halting a few inches in front.

He raised his hands to me and flinched for a bit before dropping them down, "Dahlia.. let's go home.." he muttered beneath his breath as he gritted his teeth.

He turned on his heels and began walking off, I looked at Leonel, "sorry.. since you're back, we can hang out next time." I waved to him as he said, "sure! Don't forget to bring your siblings! I haven't seen them in ages."

I mumbled a small 'okay' and walked a bit fast, catching up with Alec.

When I was slightly behind him, I heard him muttering some words. 'Fucking bitch, how dare he get close to her..' he hissed, whispering.

He clenched his fists, 'I should've killed him then..' he snapped, sliding his fingers against his emergency gun that's hidden underneath his jacket, which is attached on his belt, at the back.

_______
This chapter was hella confusing for me even though I wrote it 🤡