Chapter 14 // Kageyama

Kageyama's POV

I look down at the ginger. His hand only inches from my head. My heart is beating so fast, I wonder if he can hear it...

Suddenly I realize that I'm still holding on to Hinata's wrist. I let go of him quickly and stand up.

"I-I'm sorry Kageyama I didn't mean to make you mad-"

"I'm not mad Hinata.. it's just.. it's hard to explain!"

I start to pace around my room, thinking of how to phrase the words that are about to come out of my mouth. I need to tell him how I feel now, I can't hold it in any longer. But.. what if he doesn't feel the same? No no no no no don't start thinking like that!

BABUMP.. BABUMP.. BABUMP..

Is it just me or is the room getting hot? Wow, I am really thirsty, I think I need a glass of water. Wait what was I going to say again-

"Kageyama.."

The soft voice of the spiker catches me off guard.

"I have to tell you something.."

Wait- what.. what is going on- what's happening?!

"I.. I.."

If Hinata's gonna tell me that he doesn't like me, how can I say that I like him?? I have to tell him now!

"Hinata (Kageyama), I like you- (I like you-)"

We freeze. We lock eyes. There is no sound except for the beating of our hearts.

"Hinata-"
"Kageyama-"

"Oh sorry you go first-"

"...No you go first!-"

I swear to God this idiot.

"Hinata listen.. I like you.. a lot.. like.. more than a friend and I... I just thought that you should know that.."

I watch the ginger carefully. My eyes slowly skim over his tiny body. How could anyone not like this adorable boy?

"Kageyama.. I like you a lot too.."

My head shoots up and my gaze interlocks with Hinata's soft hazel eyes. I never want this moment to end. I slowly take a step towards Hinata. I wait for him to move backwards but he doesn't budge, so I keep moving forward until I'm an inch away from his face.

I look down at the short spiker. My heart is beating like crazy but I don't care anymore. I cup my agile hands around Hinata's face. It's so soft. I see a blush bloom across the ginger's face.

"So, what do we do now?" I ask softly. Genuinely confused on what you're supposed to do after confessing that you like someone.

"I-i don't know.." he says softly. I watch him gently bite his lip. Is it a signal? Does he want me to do something? My mind is on fire with thoughts, but all my focus is on him. It's always been on him.

My body starts to move on it's own. I slowly lower my face down towards the ginger. I gently lift his face up towards mine until our lips finally connect. A burst of warmth flows through my body and I don't want it to stop.

I feel his hands around my hips, bringing me closer till our body's touch. His lips are so soft; I don't ever want to stop kissing him. I want to savor this moment as much as I can. I move my hand to the back of his head. My fingers combing through light messy hair. I pull his head closer to mine, deepening our kiss. The short spiker doesn't pull away, so I continue.

•••

What felt like hours of making out was only 5 minutes. Either way, I enjoyed it.

Now Hinata and I are laying next to each other in my bed. -I never thought that this was gonna happen so soon.- My hands run through the ginger's hair while he rest his head against my chest.

Shoyo, I love you.

_____________________________________________

644 words

*Stay tuned for*

The Epilogue