Chapter 3 // Hinata

Hinata's POV

"Kageyama!"

I lunge forward and start running to the net.  I already know that the ball will be there.  Suddenly everything and everyone turns into slow motion.  Jump high...I'm light...I can fly.  I pull my hand back knowing the ball will come soon.  My eyes open as the ball and my hand make contact. This set is mine.

WHAM!!

The ball flys directly into the middle of the court with an insane amount of force.  The sound of the ball impacting the floor echoed around the entire gym.

I look at my red hand, the stinging sensation brings a smile to my face.  For me that's my favorite part about volleyball, after hitting the most perfect set and then turning it into an amazing spike and that stinging sensation afterwards makes it 100% better!

"How was that for my first spike of the year?!" I chime, looking around at the team.  Instead of an applause, everyone looked at me like I had a medal rod sticking out of my head, well almost everyone...

"I've seen better, but if you happen to grow a foot taller over night, maybe then I'd be impressed." Tsukishima replied with that awful smug look on his face.
"Tsuki that's not very nice-" Yamaguchi replies quickly.
"Oh, and does it look like I care?"
"S-sorry Tsuki."

I shrug off the rude statement and turn to Kageyama.  His opinion was what I really cared about the most.  "How was that Kageyama? Is it better then before? Did I do anything wrong? Is there anything I can work on?" My anxious voice waverd a little as I looked up at the tall setter.  And to my surprise Kageyama was staring at me in awe!

Before I could say something about it Kageyama grabbed my shoulders bringing me closer to him.  "That was amazing Hinata! With a lot more practice there's a good chance Karasuno will be unstoppable this year!" Kageyamas eyes shined with a small smile spreading across his face. 

So close...

Ba-bump...Ba-bump...Ba-bump..

W-what's this feeling? Why's my heart beating so fast? 

"O-oh thanks Kageya-yama, I di-didn't know my spike was that good." I quickly look away as my face turns as red as a tomato.  Why am I acting like this? Usually I would be jumping around, asking Kageyama if he can set to me again.  But instead I'm a stuttering mushy mess!

I slowly back away, out of Kageyama's reach, "I'm-I'm sorry, I don't f-feel well-" My head is starting to feel heavy and my true instinct is to run away but I want to stay here with Kageyama I want to spike one more time.  I want to be his spiker...

Suddenly everything goes black.

_________________________________________

465 words

~Stay tuned for~

Chapter 4
Kageyama