Chapter 5: The Tyrant Of The East

A full moon illuminated the cloudy sky above the castle as a gentle breeze dusted its walls with sand and dirt. On one of the castle's balconies, a tall blonde man holding a glass filled with red wine gazed up at the stars.

"What a beautiful night it is." He said to himself. "It reminds me of the last night I was in my world... Cairo was such a beautiful city." He sipped his wine before looking behind him. "Remember when I told you the story of the Joestars?

Behind the man, a large ogre stood chained to a wall. "How could I forget? You were always so good at telling stories." It responded, it's voice hoarse.

The man turned and walked towards the ogre. It was two feet taller than him, yet still he felt more powerful. "I never told you, but you've always reminded me of the first Joestar I met." He said, looking up at the ogre. "So selfless, always thinking of others." He took another drink of wine and smirked at the ogre. "Look at where that's gotten you."

The ogre quickly lashed out, shouting and clashing it's chains against the wall, causing the man to stumble backwards and drop his glass. "And it'll stay that way! I'll never tell ya where they are, ya bastard!" Shouted the ogre, who watched the glass fall.

As it was about to hit the ground, it disappeared. The ogre looked at the man's hand to see that he was holding it as if nothing had happened. "Very well," he said as he drank what was left in the glass. "You have until midnight tomorrow to give me their location. If you refuse again, I'll kill you."

The ogre looked shocked as he watched the man walk away. "Sleep well," he said as he left the room.

The ogre looked up at the moon that illuminated his cell. He closed his eyes. "It's now or never, Mick." He thought to himself. "Ya got this, buddy."

Garfield stretched as the rising sun shone through the window of his room. The mattress in the guest room was surprisingly comfy, much comfier than the mattress back at his old place. He put on his eye patch and jacket and hurried to the control room where Bigweld had told them to meet the following morning.

As he walked into the control room, he saw Bigweld and Mick talking. They'd most likely been talking all night, as neither of them needed to sleep. They both noticed Garfield walk in.

"Garfield!" Said Bigweld, smiling. "How did you sleep? Sorry if the guest room wasn't the greatest, I don't really have many visitors."

"I slept well, don't worry." Said Garfield, returning the smile. He looked down from one of the windows. The ground had turned from a luscious green to a light brown. They were in a desert.

"I didn't realise the Wasteland had so many different environments..." He said. It made him realise how little he'd actually wandered from his home in the city.

Mick smiled. "I personally hadn't explored too much either, most of my geographical knowledge comes from Shrek." He responded. "Talking about Shrek, how far away are we from the castle?"

Bigweld pressed some buttons and flicked some switches. "I'd say we're almost there," He answered. "There's an urban area around his castle, I can see it in the distance." Both Garfield and Mick looked into the horizon. They could see the small outline of a city similar to the one Garfield came from.

Mick took a step back and laughed. "That's it. We really are going to find Shrek this time." He said. His journey was almost coming to an end.

Garfield smiled as well. He felt excited to finally meet Shrek, the man who taught his new best friend everything he knew. His smile slowly faded however. "Hang on, how do we know that Shrek's actually going to be there? What if DIO found out that we were coming for him?"