Chapter 1: House Fire

We were all at Mouchs award ceremony. I was talking to Brett when I looked over to see Joe talking to someone I didn't know.

"I want slamigan, and I mean to have it. But hey, there's no need for this to get ugly. I'm giving you the offer of a lifetime. So don't be a rube, take the money" the unknown man said

It looked like Joe was going to say something but he couldn't because the bells when off

Engine 51, Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61, Battalion 25, Structure fire, 2700 Ogden.

We all rushed to the trucks and headed to the fire.

A man walked up to chief and told him that he is missing one of his guys, he thinks everyone is out of the building but isn't sure.

"Ok we at least have one victim uncounted for a male employee" chief said "Truck, Squad, primary search. Engine, let's get a line in"

"Kidd, mask up" Casey yells.

"Copy that" I say, and put my mask on.

"Hey, capp your with me" Severide said

"Ridder, let's drop the line" Herrmann yells

I get inside the house, it's filled with grey smoke. I follow Matt into the house.

"We'll search the kitchen! You guys check the hallway!" Kelly yells to us.

"Copy that" Casey said, we continued to look around.

"Fire department call out!" Kelly yells
"Dominc! Fire department call out!" He shouts as he searches the kitchen.

"Help, I'm here!" The man said having a coughing fit. He was in stuck in the storage room.

"Yeah I got him! Bringing him out now!" Severide said "Capp take him out I will search the rest!"

"Alright, Let's get you out of here" capp said bringing him out to the paramedics

"Kelly!" I yelled"kelly!" I smiled when I found sight of his jacket in the grey color of the smoke.

"Alright, we're all clear" He told me.

We were on are way back, but a beam fell in are path to get out, We had to find a different way out.

"Severide, Kidd, Report." Chief said over the radio.

"Hey chief we're good, we just need to find another way out!" Kelly said "We're going to try the bathroom window"

"Go" chief said over the radio.

"Help me with this"

"Yup" I said, as we both wack at the window.

"You didn't have to come find me!" He saids still hiting the window. "You should have stayed with your company!" He yelled, it was hard to hear because of our masks.

"No way! I am never going to leave you!
Dont you get that by now?" I tell him.

We stopped hitting the window and stared at each other.

"I don't ever want you to leave"
He takes his mask off, I take off mine. He got on one knee, I just looked at him with confusion.

"Stella Kidd, will you marry me?" He asked, I can see the hope in his eyes.

"Hell, Yeah. I will, Kelly Severide, I will!"
He gets up and hugs me. We kiss in the middle of a burning building.

"Kelly?" I ask, we we brake apart.

"Yeah?"

"One more thing, I'm pregnant"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This chapter has been edited :)