Chapter 3 : Close Call

Engine 51, Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambo 61, Structure fire, 3600 South Hermitage.

We get the the fire. A woman walks up to chief and said that her husband, Adam is still in there. They had the fire place going and then the wall over the mantel. It suddenly got really hot, and all of this smoke all over.

"Brett, Violet, we have a we have a smoke inhalation victim here, she needs oxygen" Chief said

"On it chief" they rush over to her and check her out.

"It's a cracked flue. Fire got in the walls." Casey said

"I dont like the black smoke, chief" Severide said

"Me neither. Lightweight construction, fire deep in that structure, but we have a confirmed victim still inside, so let's get in and out quick. Search teams, mask up." He said. He look over at Herrmann. "Herrmann , get a hose line in there, cover them"

"Copy"

"Kidd, you have to stay out here for now."
"But chief-" I tried to speak but he cut me off before I could say anything.
"You can't go in there and that is final"
"Yes chief" I say as I go over to Brett and violet.

~Kelly's Pov~

"We'll take the bottom floor, you take top." Casey tells me
"Sounds good" I say
"Cruz! Check this room" I yell to him and point to a door.
"Fire department call out!" I yell as I search the hallway.
"Fire department call out!" I keep look but nothing.
"Talk to me, Casey. What do you got?" Chief ask over the radio.
"Nothing yet. We stillgota few more rooms to checkout." He replies

Then the floor begins to shake.

"Emergency! Everybody out!" Chief yells in to the radio.

"Hey, Severide,time to go!" Cruz tells me but I just stand there not knowing what to do.
"Now, Right now, evacuate!" Boden yells
"Severide?!"
"Severide!?" I hear Cruz yelling. But I just stand there in shock. The floor creeks more.
"Severide!" Cruz yells again
And then the floor falls. The last thing I remember was Cruz yelling my name one more time.