Chapter 13: Dance Class

Camila and Naty gave us a sheet of the lyrics of the song and we loved it instantly. Broduey and Leon said that they would work on the choreography, which they did, after Maxi and I gave them the melody. We practiced getting the lyrics in our head before we started on the choreography.

Ludmila: Why don't we try this out with everyone?

Camila: Okay, but if anyone forgets the words, just look at the sheet. Let's give it a whirl.

We stood together, some looking at the sheet, and some looking at their partners as the music began to play.

All: Sha-la-la-la yeah-eh, yeah-eh, woah
Sha-la-la-la yeah-eh, yeah-eh, woah
Violetta: Can you see a light?
Leon: That's shining for the dreamers
Camila: It's going to be the guide
Broduey: To save us
Ludmila: Don't be afraid
Federico: You know that you are strong
All: Leaving the problems behind us
Boys: This is the way
All: Come with me, it's a wonderful day
And these dreams can lead the way
Boys: Oh girl!
Girls: Oh boy!
All: Dancing through every second we're gonna sing a song
This is the way
Bridget: I wanna be beside you
Andres: I will stay there
Francesca: Now show me where your heart is
Diego; Wherever you are, it is there, oh
Naty: We can never lose
Maxi: When you're here in my life
Leonetta: So we're leaving yesterday
Girls: This is the way
All: Come with me, it's a wonderful day
And these dreams can lead the way
Boys: Oh girl!
Girls: Oh boy!
All: Dancing through every second we're gonna sing a song
This is the way
Francesca: And if the sky sends thunder
Diego: Stay close to me, so
Violetta: We'll bring the colours
Leon: Red and yellow and green
All: You will see
Federico: This is the way!
Sha-la-la-la yeah-eh, yeah-eh, woah
Camila: (We're gonna sing our song)
All: Sha-la-la-la yeah-eh, yeah-eh, woah
Ludmila: (Come with me and lead)
All: Come with me, it's a wonderful day
And these dreams can lead the way
Camila: (And these dreams can lead the way)
Boys: Oh girl!
Girls: Oh boy!
All: Dancing through every second we're gonna sing a song
This is the way
Federico: This is the way!

We all laughed and cheered in excitement after the song.

Camila: I think we sounded great!

Naty: Yeah! I was also thinking that maybe Leon or Diego could play the guitar in the beginning.

Diego: Leon should do it as he is singing in the beginning with Vilu.

Leon: Are you sure man? I really don't mind you playing.

Diego: I'm positive.

Violetta: Why don't you both play?

Leon: That could work.

Naty: I agree!

Francesca: Same here!

The rest agreed and then we paid attention to Leon and Broduey, so that they can teach us the choreography.

Broduey: Naty said that we'll be wearing hats, so we decided to incorporate it in the dance.

Leon: Okay, everyone grab your partners and hats and let's begin!

I went over to Leon and everyone went to their partners.

Broduey: Great! Now, at the line, "Leaving the problems behind us", we all cross over from where you are in that moment, take our hats off our head and bow. When the chorus comes, we out our hats on, lift the right leg up and touch your foot. Like this.

Leon and Broduey demonstrated what he said and then he continued.

Broduey: Then we wave our hats cowboy and girl style, spin around whilst your hat is back on your head for a brief moment. Next, we lean against our partners, take our hats, push them out and in once, and up, down and forward once before putting it on your partners head. Obviously that's at the "oh girl, oh boy part".

They demonstrated again and then he stopped, so that we can get this part right first. After practicing a few times times, we got it right. They explained the rest of the routine just before our rehearsal was over. After rehearsal, Leon and I made our way back to the hotel on foot as I needed to talk to him about a few important things.

Leon: What do you think of the choreography?

Violetta: I think it's great. Well done love.

Leon's (POV)
I sensed Violetta was a bit tense and distracted, so I decided to find out what was bothering her.

Leon: And now? What's on your mind?

Violetta: Why do you think something is wrong?

Leon: I can see your head getting bigger with all those thoughts.

Violetta: Hilarious.

My attempt to be amusing was unsuccessful, so I knew that this was serious.

Leon: Okay spill.

Violetta: I'm just thinking about our future.

Leon: Alright, what about it?

Violetta: Well, what are we going to do when we get back home?

Leon: Work wise or what?

Violetta: Yes, like what are we going to decide to do? Are we going to follow our careers, or what? I don't think both of us can afford to be doing what we do with our kids growing up. I mean tours are going to happen. Often. We can't take them everywhere we go. I don't want them to grow up without at least one of us.

Leon: We knew this wasn't going to be easy, but I mean what are the options. Are either of us ready to be giving up our careers for them? I know it seems like an easy enough decision, but it's not. I think make that decision after this tour. I mean, we're leaving Morocco in 2 days, then we're in Egypt for 2 days, Namibia for 3 days and we're ending off in South Africa for 5 days. We basically have just less than 2 weeks to make a decision with regards to our future, so we have time.

Violetta: But...

Leon: But nothing, we're going to make this work. I mean, we're Leonetta for crying out loud!

A little chuckle escaped her lips which made me delighted.

Violetta: I hate it when you're right.

Leon: It's usually the person with the pants who is always right.

Violetta: Don't push it.

Leon: Yes ma'am.

She smiled at me, which means my plan worked. I kissed her forehead before we carried on walking through the city. The rest of the day we ended up spending time with the twins, until they fell asleep.