Ego's Planet (11)

"He's a heavy sleeper. He won't be waking up for a while" Peter said.

"Excuse me, I must go wake Ego, as we are arriving soon" Mantis said as she got up and walked away. Gamora, Nova, and Peter sat quietly for a moment for Gamora broke the silence.

"You two are half-siblings. What are the odds that out of millions and millions of living beings, you were the one on Yondu's ship that day we rescued you. Peter's sister."

"Yeah, I guess that is... pretty crazy" Nova said, unsure. "Peter?"

"Yeah?"

"I don't have any other siblings. After my whole life, wouldn't you think that I would hear something about you? Or you would hear something about me? Something just doesn't add up."

"I get it, but..." Peter trailed off his words. "Have you ever watched the Parent Trap?"

"Um... no?"

"Peter, everyone here is not from Earth. We don't know your pop culture movies" Gamora said, rolling her eyes. "Say, what was your planet called, Nova?"

"Eruda. It was a disgusting place. The government was extremely corrupt, they didn't care for their citizens. If anything, I'm glad it got destroyed" Nova said, fuming. Once again, silence. Peter then broke the awkwardness by switching the subject back to the fact that he had a sister.

"What do you think about Ego?" he asked.

"Well, I-" Mantis walked back in as Nova started to speak.

"We have arrived to Ego's planet" Mantis said to the group as Ego walked up behind her.

"Come! I have wonderful things to show you all" He said as he gestured everyone to follow him. Ego led them to a balcony on his ship, overlooking his planet. The balcony then disconnected from the ship and floated them slowly over to his palace. His planet was beautiful. Exotic plants, wonderful colors; it was everything one could imagine on a planet of paradise. They all look around in awe.

"Welcome, everyone, to my world" Ego said.

"Wow. You have your own planet?" Peter asked, stunned.

"Come on. No larger than your Earth's Moon!"

"Humility. I like it. I, too, am extraordinarily humble" Drax said.

"You own a planet and can track down two of your children without any help. What are you exactly?" Nova asked.

"I'm what's called a Celestial, sweetheart" Ego said, looking at Nova.

"A Celestial, like a god?" Peter asked excitedly.

"Small "g," son. At least on the days I'm feeling humble as Drax" Ego said, chuckling. He then led the group inside his palace, where they walked down a long hallway filled with 3D type slideshows of Ego's existence. "I don't know where I came from exactly. First thing I remember is flickering... adrift in the cosmos utterly... and entirely alone. Over millions of years... I learned to control the molecules around me. I grew smarter and stronger. And I continued building from thee, layer by layer, the very planet you walk on now. But I wanted more. I desired... meaning. 'There must be some life out there in the universe... besides just me', I thought. And so, I set myself the task of finding it. I created... what I imagined biological life to be like... down to the most minute detail."

Everyone was truly in awe, looking around, admiring everything around them. Drax then decided to break the moment with a stupid question.

"Did you make a penis?"

"Dude!" Nova exclaimed. "Don't ask him that!"

"What is wrong with you?" Gamora said,

"If he is a planet, how could he make a baby with your guy's mother? He would smush her!" Drax said, seriously.

"We don't need to hear how our parents..." Peter started.

"Why? My father would tell the story of impregnating my mother every winter solstice."

"That's disgusting!" Nova said.

"It was beautiful. You people have hang-ups."

"Yes, Drax, I got a penis" Ego said, proudly. Nova covered her face and groaned. "It's not half bad."

"Oh my god-" Nova said.

"Ugh" Peter added.

"I've also got pain receptors, and a digestive system... and all the accompanying junk. I wanted to experience what it truly meant to be human... as I set out amongst the stars... until I found... what I sought. Life. I was not alone in the universe after all." Ego explained,

"When did you meet my mother?" Peter asked. Nova wanted to ask about that as well.

"Not long after. It was with your mother that I first experienced love. I called her my river lily. And from that love, Peter... you. I have searched for you for so long. And when I heard of a man from Earth... who held an Infinity Stone in his hand without dying... I knew you must be the son of the woman I loved. As for you, Nova, when Peter's mother passed away, I went to the planet of Eruda. There, I met your mother. She was as beautiful as my River Lily on Earth. She was my second love. I had to leave Eruda for a while to keep my planet intact but when I came back... Ronan had destroyed everything. I thought you were dead.

"If you loved her, why did you leave her...? For 14 years?" Nova asked.

"Let's talk outside, kids. Mantis, take these two to their living headquarters" Ego said.