Chapter 19: Something that is loved is never lost

We're here!!! To be completely upfront, I'm not super proud of this chapter. But hey, it's my first time ending a story! So I guess I'll just have to look forward to improvement :)Thank you guys so much for coming on this little adventure with me!! You all have really been such a great audience!<3

Enjoy :))

----------

"Emira!" Luz yelled, stumbling towards Amity's door to get to the hallway.

Her panic echoed through the manor as she shouted for Emira again, her eyes brimming with tears.

Emira came out of her room, her eyes widening at Luz's state. She rushed over to the human.

"Woah, Luz, what's wrong, what's going on?"

"Amity— she—" Luz cried, failing to get any information across.

But her incoherence didn't matter. At the mention of Amity's name, Em understood what was happening. She ran past Luz into her sister's room, taking one glance inside before turning back to face the girl in the hallway.

"Luz go find Ed downstairs. I'm gonna try and get some help."

So as Emira summoned her scroll, Luz once again went running through the halls, a worried shout escaping her every few seconds.

It didn't take long for Ed to hear the commotion, and he met Luz halfway. Again, Luz struggled to explain the issue, and again, that didn't even create a problem.

Edric pushed past Luz when he understood what was happening and bolted up the stairs to Amity's room, Luz following close behind.

When they got there, Emira was sitting by Amity and frantically casting what Luz could only assume were basic healing spells.

Em's head snapped up when she heard them enter the room.

"Ed! Ed, she's not responding what do I do?!" Em rushed, shaking.

Ed ran over.

"Okay, okay, just calm down. It doesn't do anyone any good if we're hysterical," he reasoned. It sounded more like he was trying to convince himself.

After a few breaths, Emira spoke again.

"I called Willow and Viney, they should be here any minute. Should we try to take her to the healer's? Should— should we call mom?"

"I...I don't know." Ed snapped his fingers. "What about Eda? I'll try to get a hold of her."

As Ed stood and paced across the room, and as Emira went back to trying different spells, Luz stood to the side helplessly. Everything and nothing was happening at once. It was all so blurry. Was any of it real? Confusion was the only comprehensible emotion.

Confusion and wanting to cry.

Amity was maybe dying across the room and Luz couldn't do anything and everyone was panicking and—

...and Amity loved her?

That happened, right? There was nothing else she could've said?

All Luz could hear was her heartbeat. She stood to the side, confused, wanting to cry, and her heart was about to explode.

With nothing else to cling onto, Luz focused on the rhythmic tha-thump echoing through her brain.

Amity loved her.

Any doubt, any last bit of hesitance Luz had about her feelings was wiped clean out of her mind when she thought of those words. Her heart clenched as she took a shaky breath.