Meeting Bucky

Story; Siren: Juno meeting Bucky for the first time

October 8th, 2018

At the airport, Juno Donahue sat in one of the many lounge areas on the phone with Tony Stark as she waited for Steve Rogers and his besties' arrival. It had been a very long two years in which time she hadn't gotten to see him because of his former fugitive status. Seeing as how it had been her job to help hunt him down she'd failed in her job as an Avenger and a SHIELD agent for the first time since she was a rookie. Or that's what she let everyone else think. As far as everyone was concerned Steve was one of the best players of hide and seek in history.

What no one knew was she'd found him right after he broke Sam and Wanda from The Raft and that she'd let them go. It had been one of the hardest decisions she'd ever made, but they were her friends. Obviously Steve more than the other two since she knew him the longest out of those three and as such she let him go. Juno knew he was right to do what he did, but she'd signed the Accords for fear of what could happen to her as a mutant; her safety was always in a precarious balance with the power she'd been born with. As such she let them go and reported back that the rumors she'd followed had been just that, rumors.

Over the ensuing years she'd received coded messages from him and the others to let her know they were alright or to let her know if they needed help or money. Being on the run wasn't fun or glamorous it meant more times than not sleeping with one eye open and on shifts, not always having money for food and shelter or medical supplies. So she did what she could for them under the radar.

When she'd finally convinced Nick and Tony to amend the Accords and in effect pardon Bucky almost a year after the team broke up she'd immediately sent them all a message that she was going to bring them home as soon as she could. It had taken another hard year and lots of arguing before senate committees and lobbying using her last name which was synonymous with being one of the most rich and powerful family's in the United States. It gave her a deeply perverse pleasure to drag her asshat of a father into this mess just to see the look of surprise and dismay when he'd been interviewed as he left his office.

Having kicked her out when she was a child to fend for herself for being a mutant he'd put out to the press and the police at the time that she'd runaway and him and her mother didn't know why. And when she'd come out to the world as an Avenger during Loki's attack on New York he was quick to tell everyone that he was so glad to know she was safe and sound. More like he had no other choice and had to save face or be dragged through the mud and lose all of his rich friends and business associates who were tied to Tony and the team now that they were the world's beloved heros.

But that was all done. She had used her father's name and had the power of SHIELD and billionaire Tony Stark backing her. Sam, Wanda and Natasha had already come home they'd just been waiting on Steve who had been waiting on Barnes. After capturing Zemo and finding out the truth about who really killed King T'Chaka, T'Challa had offered to help get the trigger words out of his head and replace the arm Tony had blasted off during their fight in Siberia. In the time that Steve and the other had been out helping where they could he was on ice getting his brain back.

She was in the middle of listening to her best friend complain about Barnes and their Captain's return when said Captain walked up with a wide grin for her on his handsome face, his friend slightly behind him. "How bad can he be, Tony? I mean if Spangles thinks he's worth all of the last two years that should say something." She laughs at his snippy reply.

"All I'm saying is we were better off without the Boy Scout. I don't know about you, but I didn't miss his buzzkill ways." Knowing that if he wanted to he could hear both sides of the conversation Juno grinned up at Steve who rolled his eyes.