Daddy daughter date B.B.

Story; More than a gift: Bucky and Thora have a heart to heart

Their second middle child was their wild one for sure. Thora was loud and she could be brash at times. She was definitely not a people pleaser, but she had a softer side that came out on occasion that she didn't let many people see. Something had happened a few days before to stifle their girl's fire so it was talked amongst the three of them that Bucky would make tonight's daddy-daughter date about her to see if she would talk with him while Steve would take Marya out. Make it a little more one on one instead of all four of them. It was no secret that Thora and Buck had the closest bond out of the parents and their kids, it didn't mean he loved the others any less, it was just how it was.

There was just something about her that called to his soul as if she was like a mini version of his soul mate like her mother, only his daughter. Not his biological daughter though, but that didn't matter. She and Marya might not be his by blood, but they were his in all the ways that mattered. When they'd gotten the test results back while Elena had been pregnant with the girls he'd waited to feel devastated by the fact that Benjamin was his only biological child. But the feeling never came. Several tests later they'd found out that Ben was basically Buck's miracle child because the things Hydra had done to him over the years had all but made him sterile. They'd guessed his conception was because of the double blessing on their wedding day from Thor and Frigga that had made it even possible for him to have this chance at fatherhood. It didn't matter one way or another to him, all four of their kids were Bucky's the same as Steve's and vice versa.

Today was all about Thora. The plan was to go to the Central Park zoo, one of her most favorite places in all the world, where they'd have lunch, then later get dinner at her favorite restaurant and ice cream at Serendipity 3 as an added treat. Hopefully sometime during their day he could sus out what had dimmed her light and make it right. He didn't like seeing his cel mic so quiet and reserved. It hurt his heart even more because she'd withdrawn from him these last few days. Already not talking much she would go silent when he entered the room or tried to engage her in any kind of play. It had Buck wracking his brain to think if he'd inadvertently said or done something that had hurt her feelings, but he was coming up empty handed. (Little mouse)

Shooting a glance at his little girl seated in the backseat through the rearview mirror he winked when their eyes connected, but she didn't giggle and stick her tongue out at him like she normally would. Instead she gave him a sad blank look before looking out her side window. Letting out a soft sigh he forced himself to focus back on the road. They were only ten minutes out and then maybe the red pandas could help him get her to open up. Finding parking on a Saturday was a bit of a nightmare, but this was more than worth it.

Once inside the park he made sure that her hand was firmly in his and off they went first to the seals because tradition was a must and then they'd see the red pandas. Any other day Thora would race off as soon as they got to the steps that led down to the seals, not today. Instead she pulled her hand away and sat down on the top step where she wouldn't be in the way. Heart aching Bucky sat next to her keeping some space between them respecting her need for distance. They sat there for a while watching the seals swim and bark at each other as they played it up for their excited audience. When she was ready she would talk to him.

When she did speak, if he'd had normal hearing he wouldn't have heard her, she talked so softly. "I know you aren't really my daddy."

Buck felt like he'd been gut punched. He'd expected her to talk to him about what was bothering her, but this came out of left field. No where in the realm of possible problems had this ever made the list. All the air left his lungs as his head whipped down to look at his little girl. "Thora, who says I'm not your daddy?" The person who'd upset her was going to be dealing with a couple of pissed off super soldiers and a former assassin didn't matter if it was another kid they'd-