Chapter 5: Hopes

Chapter 5: Hopes

Jungkook was just walking back and forth around his room. He was glancing at the clock and waiting for it hit 12:00 am.

"Jungkook, can't you just stop walking? I feel dizzy seeing you." Jimin groans.

He was laying on his bed, scrolling down to his phone to see if Yoongi uploaded something.

"I can't hyung, I am thinking about what just happened earlier." Jungkook responded with a hint of seriousness and also confusedness.

"Just forget it, okay? It's not a big deal. It's just about that old phone that doesn't work." Jimin mocked and shook his head frustratedly.

"That phone was working hyung, believe it or not." Jungkook insisted.

"Are you sure you didn't take drugs or something?" Jimin taunted inquiring.

"Of course, I don't." Jungkook sighed sitting on the bed.

"Then just sleep instead, can't you see that phone was too old to work? And hal-abeoji said that it was a display here." Jimin retorted turning off his phone since he was preparing to sleep.

He grabbed the blanket to cover himself and closed his eyes.

"But I'm sure about it, hyung." Jungkook mumbled biting his bottom lip anxiously.

"Sleep now, Jungkook, after this summer vacation, we will go back to Seoul and you can move on." Jimin stated.

Yet, they both flinch when they heard the telephone ringing. Jimin opened his eyes and jolted to the bed while Jungkook immediately answered the call.

"Tuh-Taehyung?" Jungkook started while his heart was beating rapidly and looked at Jimin who was looking at him surprised.

"Hello, Jungkook, what's wrong with you? Something happened?" Taehyung asked worriedly after hearing that something was off with Jungkook's voice.

"N-nothing, I thought it was someone." Jungkook sighed in relief.

"So, you were waiting for someone instead of me? How annoying." Taehyung frowned.

Jungkook can't help but let out a soft giggle.

"Of course not, I was waiting for you." Jungkook smiled a bit.

"You're lying." Taehyung scowled.

"No, I'm not lying. I told you, I love your voice and if I can, I want to hear it every second." Jungkook giggled.

He suddenly noticed Jimin want to get his attention. He covered the bottom of the telephone and looked at Jimin, mouthing 'what?'

Jimin started to write on the board and show it to him.

'Try to ask him what year was'

That is what Jimin wrote and he nodded his head.

"Taehyung." Jungkook called his name once again.

"Yes, what is it?" Taehyung asked in response.

"May I ask what year was there?" Jungkook suddenly asked which made Taehyung confused.

Taehyung had his brows furrowed before he answer the brunette boy. Jungkook was frozen when he heard what Taehyung respond.

"What's with that question? Of course, it's 1948. Why did you even ask as if we're in a different world or dimension?" Taehyung replied and laughed.

"There's no way." Jungkook uttered shocked and glanced at Jimin with his eyes wide open.

'What? Why?'

Jimin was mouthing him a question.

'He said it's 1948'

He uttered in a low tone to make sure Taehyung won't hear him. Jimin wrote new again.

'Tell him the truth'

Jungkook shook his head in disagreement.

'I can't do that, what if he thinks I'm crazy? He won't believe me.'

He insisted, he was afraid that Taehyung won't believe him.

'Just try it.' Jimin whispered gritting his teeth.

"What's wrong? I can hear you whispering. Are you talking with someone?" Taehyung asked confusedly.

Jungkook sucks a huge amount of air before he speaks.

"Taehyung, please don't freak out. I have to tell you something important." Jungkook said hesitantly.

"What is it?" Taehyung retorted inquiring.

"It's 2022 here, and the president is Moon Jae-In." Jungkook stated

His heartbeat stopped for a moment when he didn't hear Taehyung reply.

"What are you saying? Are you crazy? Are you taunting me?" Taehyung inquired curiously.

"I'm serious, Taehyung, Syngman Rhee will be the president at that time. That's why we can't even meet yesterday because we weren't living in the same year. I guess because of this old telephone that's why something miracle happened. I don't know how this happened. I can't even explain it to you." Jungkook asserted.

Taehyung took the newspaper on top of his bed and Jungkook was kind of right, Syngman Rhee was elected to be president.

"But how? Why did this happen?" Taehyung asked confusedly

"I don't know Taehyung, I don't even understand." Jungkook retorted sighing in frustration.

"But how about our meet-up later?" Taehyung asked mumbling.

He was pessimistic because he can't meet Jungkook. He wants to see his face at least. 

"Do you have pictures? Put it in the bottle with your letter and I will look for it under the tree. The same location where we should be about to meet." Jungkook replied hoping it would work.

"Fine, I'll do that." Taehyung sighed in frustration.

"Good, I'll call you once I got them. I will wait for it." Jungkook said.

"Okay." Taehyung replied.

Jungkook ended the call and immediately grabbed his coat.

"Where are you going? What did he say? Did he believe you?" Jimin bombarded him with a question.

"I'm going to the Riverside, he will go there." Jungkook said while wearing his shoes.

"Are you stupid? It's impossible for both of you to meet." Jimin grumbled.

"I know, but I need to look for something. I'm sure he already did what I told him." Jungkook replied and turned around to look at him.

"Do you think that will work?" Jimin asked sighing.

"I don't know, buh-but I-I hope so," Jungkook said and his eyes went teary.

"Fine, I'm coming with you. But on one condition, you have to forget him once you didn't find whatever you told him to do." Jimin retorted.

"Okay, hyung." Jungkook smiled a little.

"Let's go now, it will rain later so we had to go there before we get soaked." Jimin said and also grabbed his coat.

Jungkook nodded his head and left first followed by Jimin.

"This dude is stupid in love." Jimin muttered.

He shooked his head and just Jungkook outside.