2 ❁ Let's break this once and for all!

"ENOUGH!"

The atmosphere turned silent, nobody expected you to say that. Their astonished face was truly a work of art, something you will truly carve into your memories. You looked around, finally realizing what you have done, but since it already reached this stage...

"I had enough," Your words came firm, just the way you liked it.

"It's so tiring, every day carefully stepping around your tails, making sure I don't do anything to upset you guys more. Every day I have to endure all your words, trying to suck up to you guys, becoming your perfect 'Human'. You keep comparing me to her, saying how different I am. I know I'm not as pretty as her, nor as kind as her. I'm not like her because I am NOT HER!"

The tears that you have always tried so hard to hold back, crying yourself to sleep every night. But tonight you smiled as the water streamed down your cheeks, you won't ever have to hide anymore.

"I'm always caught up in your expectations, you start to love me when I do what she does but you turn away again when I fail to be her."

Laughter and tears, drowning in an ocean of pain and emotions. You want to scream, but nobody will be able to hear you anyway. You narrowed your eyes, looking at their thunderstruck expression. With your lips upturned you banged the doors closed as you left the room. They crossed the line this time, you had always kept it in. You don't want to be sad forever, what was that all for? For the first time in a long time, you felt the burden lift off your shoulder.

You clenched the shattered pieces of glass in your hand, ignoring the way it pierced through your skin, causing blood to drip out. If only they hadn't forced you to come here then you would still be by your family and friends' side. You were stripped away from your freedom, nobody had asked for your consent when they chose to bring you here.

If they are going to call you a crazy person after what happened then so be it.

You trudged along the path, leaving The House Of Lamentation behind you. At last, you arrived at a small park. There was a small fountain in the middle, on top was a winged demon holding a jug of water. At this time of night, nobody should have been here, or so you thought.

"What are you doing here...Old man?"

"Shouldn't I ask the same of you? Little (Y/N)?"

"Can you please get rid of the 'Little' in front of my name," You sighed exasperatedly, "How many times does that make it now, 10? 50? 100?"

"63, to be exact." He chuckled, his silver hair fluttering in the breeze.

"...What a waste of a handsome face, If only you couldn't talk." You murmured quietly.

"Hmm? Did you say something?"

You denied the accusation, "Nope. Nothing at all."

"So, what are you here for?" His black obsidian eyes flickered with light as he spoke.

"I just came out here for a walk..."

He eyed you curiously but didn't question it, "...Why don't you come and sit down?"

"Alright." You nodded.

The wind blew softly across the moonless horizon. It was as if time itself froze for a fleeting second. Outside, away from The House of Lamentation made you realize how much you hated that place.

"You're much more special than you think you are, (Y/n)."

"Special

"Special...I'm special?" You tested the word on your lips, repeating it again and again. How strange, nobody told you that before.

"Aren't there a saying in the human world? Everyone is unique and special. Don't you think that it applies to you as well?"

"Maybe..."

"Spread wings, don't be afraid. One day you will become a refined butterfly."

"Am I not refined right now?" You asked jokingly.

He smiled brightly at you, "You're nowhere near refined."

"HEY!"

You knew he was doing this to cheer you up, but you decided to go along with it anyway. You would be lying if you said that you weren't happy with it. Thanks to him, you finally made up your mind to put an end to all of this. You are going to tell them that you are happy with who you are, they are the ones who should just learn to love you for you. You knew they all looked at you as a replacement for their loss but you're not, and you will prove that.

You never went back to The House Of Lamentation that night. Instead, you had asked Solomon to let you crash in The Hall of Purgatory. It wasn't until two days later that you saw one of the brothers.

"I'm sorry, ya hear that?"

It was quite a shock when "The Great Mammon" apologized to you. You could feel your eyes twitching as he bowed down to you before flushing red in embarrassment.

"Okay."

"How could ya be so careless when The Great Mammon is talking to ya?"

You glanced at him before a thin smile appeared on your lips, "I'm so sorry~"

"That's right, how could you make the Avatar Of Greed do something as dumb as apologizing-"

"Did you really think I would say that? What Great Mammon? Shouldn't it be Greatly Stupid Moron?" Annoyance bubbled up in you.

Flustered, Mammon glared at you with sharp squinted eyes, "Did ya think I apologized because I wanted to?"

"What? Are you going to admit that you apologized because your older brother forced you to?"

Up to this point, Mammon was already burning with rage and humiliation. Doesn't he deserve it for doing all those things to you?

"Leave me alone if you have nothing else to say."

"FINE!" The Avatar of Greed glared at you before stomping away.

You frowned slightly as you watched him leave. Before, you would have tried to keep a conversation going for as long as you could, but now you finally understood that you were just wasting your time on them. They can do whatever they want, it's not like it matters to you anyway. You gritted your teeth, all you need to do is just get through the rest of the year and everything will be finally over.