11 ❁ A Diary Written For 'You'

(A/N: The bold, not underlined texts are supposed to be crossed-out/strike-through. I can't find how to format that on Wattpad so this will have to do.)

The pages of the diary looked well-kept. You could see that the owner of the diary—the previous exchange student—took great care of it. You had half expected to see crisped golden pages.

You flipped to the first page and right away you were hit with an oddity.

'Writing so I can tell you...'

'You'? Who was 'you'? The whole diary was littered with wordings of concern for this 'you' person. It was like she was telling her life story specifically for 'you'.

Ignoring the strangeness of the first line, you continued to read through the diary without interruption.

1/365

Writing so I can tell you everything when I get home

So many things already happened on the first day here. Leviathan wants me to make a pact with my guardian—Mammon—to try and get back his money. Now, I have to find out where Mammon's Goldie (his credit card's name) might be. I'll have to try asking Lucifer without him noticing what I'm up to. Though I'm not sure how I'll manage, the eldest is quite intimidating and seems quite attentive. He might see through my lies.

I wish you were here with me, I miss you already. I'm trying my best to be optimistic about this situation since they promised me that they will grant me my wish if I finished the year. All I need to do is survive until the end and you'll finally be able to go outside to do what you want~

2/365

It's strange. Isn't there supposed to be 7 brothers? Why are there only 6 then? Where is the 7th?

Hah... I'm sure you would know if you were here. You're always so intelligent. I can't wait to go back. I hope the year passes by quickly.

4/365

I met the other human exchange student today. His name is Solomon. He seems pretty nice but also seems quite distant. He's really mysterious. After Solomon left, Lucifer came up to me and warned me about him. I tried to ask Lucifer discreetly where he might have put Mammon's Goldie and he told me he froze it. When I told Leviathan about it, he thought Lucifer literally froze it in the freezer. Which then resulted in us going to the kitchen at night and meeting Beelzebub. I took that chance to ask about the 7th brother but he only warned me to never bring this up in front of Lucifer. Strange. Anyways, I managed to get a pact with Mammon~!

I miss you so much but it has only been four days. Have you been eating well? Is everything okay there? I hope that my disappearance didn't burden you in any way. You must properly look after your health okay? You have to stay alive until I come back. I hope I won't be too late. In my dreams, you were gone before I finished the year. You just left without a word away from this world. I'm afraid of that actually happening even though I know that it was only a dream.

5/365

I used the pact for the first time today. It was to get Mammon to actually use my name instead of calling me 'human'. I feel so powerful but so guilty at the same time. To command someone without their free will— It brings back bad memories. But! I couldn't let him keep calling me human without respect. Well, it doesn't harm him so I guess it's fine? I'll try not to use the pact unless needed next time.